For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Lumiens's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, June 28th, 2016 12:02 AM

How to Return AT&T Modem?

We cancelled our internet service and Gerald the AT&T csr told me that I needed to return the router to AT&T. He stated that the instructions were easy to find on the internet. Well, I searched the internet and received tons of different opinions, advice, people complaining about being charged for unreturned equipment, other stating that they needed to print out a smart label, etc. I'd rather get an official response since I have received nothing official via email. My cancellation confirmation number is"[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]."

Please advise,

Just an average working class Joe...

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

8 years ago

Here is the diagram below provided by AT&T when it comes to returning equipment. If you have purchased your wireless gateway for the full $100 price and never paid a rental fee for the gateway, it is yours.

AT&T U-verse Care:

Important time sensitive return policy

Failure to return your equipment within 21 days from the date the order for new equipment was placed will result in an equipment charge of $150 per unit to be billed to your account or credit card.

We encourage you to initiate your return within 10 days to avoid being billed for non-returned equipment while equipment is in transit.

Slide1.JPGSlide2.JPG

Slide3.JPG

Slide4.JPG

Slide5.JPG

5 Attachments

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

@Lumiens 

Return your equipment

How to Return U-verse Equipment?

Don't know why the previous poster needed to repost that info here instead of a link to it but the first link here is newer also supplies info abut the procedures (including that you can also use FedEx) while the second link (and the post above) is good for knowing what equipment you need to return.

@Samuel3 

The terms of service state that if your return the equipment beyond the 21 day return limit you can get a refund for the charged equipment if you return it within 6 months.

(edited)

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

They told me to take it to a UPS store and they said UPS will pack it and ship it for free. They said to make sure you get the tracking number/proof that you did this and hang on to it for a long time. I can't believe they wouldn't just tell you what to do...horrible service

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

My 21 days have passed is there anything I can do to get my money back ?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I handled the cancelation for a friends rental while he was out of town.   The att service was so bad the renters could not maintain a connection more than five minutes.  i spent days running back and forth and on the phone with att.    when i had a new company come in and the told att about the cancelation over the phone, i was not told about the return to ups and the guy said i could return the router at any att location.   when i went to google i could not find one.  he didn't mention a time frame.  i left town and the owner came home.   the box ended up sitting for more than 21 days and it became a collection.   i tried to return the box when i came back into town but att wants a lot of money for a router that gave horrible service when it was connected.   it was over 2 years old at that time as well.   att told me the router was too old now.  the entire situation seems unfair.  why not just send a box to people that the old router can be returned in?   it is yet another distraction for working class and money grab for att.  I have since boycott att and tell everyone i know about the experience.   which is why i am posting this.   it was a horrible ordeal at the time and my friend has this collection and refuses to pay as it is WAY out of line.   nasty business att

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I handled the cancelation for a friends rental while he was out of town.   The att service was so bad the renters could not maintain a connection more than five minutes.  i spent days running back and forth and on the phone with att.    when i had a new company come in and the told att about the cancelation over the phone, i was not told about the return to ups and the guy said i could return the router at any att location.   when i went to google i could not find one.  he didn't mention a time frame.  i left town and the owner came home.   the box ended up sitting for more than 21 days and it became a collection.   i tried to return the box when i came back into town but att wants a lot of money for a router that gave horrible service when it was connected.   it was over 2 years old at that time as well.   att told me the router was too old now.  the entire situation seems unfair.  why not just send a box to people that the old router can be returned in?   it is yet another distraction for working class and money grab for att.  I have since boycott att and tell everyone i know about the experience.   which is why i am posting this.   it was a horrible ordeal at the time and my friend has this collection and refuses to pay as it is WAY out of line.   nasty business att

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

After 6 months (I believe), AT&T doesn’t want the gateway back.  It goes to collection and WILL affect your friend’s credit.

Out of line or not, it’s a debt.  He may be able to negotiate with the collection agency on a payoff and you might consider paying some (if not all) of it.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

YUP!!! you are correct. Thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

ATT should not be so greedy I had home internet in 2017 my husband passed away my neighbors packed the equipment and we took it to UPS they shipped it. Unfortunately I was to upset to get a copy of the paperwork. It has been in a collection state for 2 years. I tried to resolve the matter and was told I was being charged $263. for  the equipment. It has taken me the past 2 years for them to admit they got the equipment but they still want me to pay them that much even though all my bills were paid in full. How do I contact them they want the money but locked me out of the account MJ

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I need a return shipping label sent to my home, to return an ATT& T internet modem.  [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.