How do I reset my WIFI password?

Teacher

How do I reset my WIFI password?

How do I reset my WIFI password on my u-verse modem?

Message 1 of 5 (308,720 Views)
Highlighted
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Anonymous
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: How do I reset my WIFI password?

[ Edited ]

*To change your Wi-Fi Password on NVG please go here

To change your Wi-Fi Password on 2Wire/Pace follow these steps:

1. Start by going to http://192.168.1.254
    Note: you may be required to enter your Device Access Code in order to continue. The default Device Access Code can be found on the side of your gateway (this is not the same as your Wi-Fi password).
  2. Go to Settings > LAN > Wi-Fi
  3. Scroll down to User Network
    • Changes can be made to your Wi-Fi name under Network Name (SSID)
    • Changes can be made to your password under Wi-Fi Password
  4. Save all changes made to your device

Get more details on How to Change your Password on another specific modem/gateway.

-ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5 (308,719 Views)
Contributor

hello, for some reason my dad took off the paper on the router with the password, access code, and all that. he then lost it and in order to change the password it ask for the access code, which we dont have. soooo how will i be able to change the password for the wifi?

Message 3 of 5 (250,553 Views)
Community Support

[ Edited ]

You can visit Change your AT&T gateway password for complete information and step by step instructions on changing your password via http://192.168.1.254.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5 (243,281 Views)
Contributor

In attempting to change my wifi password, I get to the screen Home Networ--Wireless but the WEP field and KEY field are grayed about, not allowing me to make a change. In fact it looks the same as your illustration., where the items are grayed. What should I do to allow me to enter into those fields? I'm attempting this with device NVG589. Thanks

Message 5 of 5 (136,618 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Additional Support