bolynn80's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, October 21st, 2015 8:01 PM

How do I put Pace 5268AC Router in passthrough bridge mode?

Hello,

I have one of the new Pace 5268AC routers provided by AT&T Uverse and I want to put it in bridge mode so I can utilize my D-Link 3200AC Ultra Wi-Fi Router. There used to be a bridge mode setting in the past modem/router combo units that AT&T provided. However, I am unable to find how/where to put this Pace 5268AC router in bridge mode? 

Does anyone have an answer for this?

Thanks!

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

Ahh, looks like I need to find out more about @ATTCares and how to message them to get my NVG599, right? 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Same boat as @AJE1987, except the AT&T installation guy disabled the wifi on the 5268ac for me because he saw that I had an Asus router connected to my previous 2wire. He said he put it in "bridge mode." After he left, I looked at the modem settings to see what he changed. All he did was disable wifi-interface.. no DMZ or anything, but it works just fine! Is there any reason to do the DMZ setting if everything is working fine? 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I did this - the first option, and it's successful.  However - I have to have the AT&T connections plugged into the AT&T modem.  Is there any other way to run them through the Linksys?  Reason why - those physical connections also touch my home file server for example.  I can't see my server - since now I have two networks.  I have a wired network and a wireless network that are different networks.... I'm a noob right?

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

7 years ago

@Three30Seven wrote:

I did this - the first option, and it's successful.  However - I have to have the AT&T connections plugged into the AT&T modem.  Is there any other way to run them through the Linksys?  Reason why - those physical connections also touch my home file server for example.  I can't see my server - since now I have two networks.  I have a wired network and a wireless network that are different networks.... I'm a noob right?

Given the number of posts and replies on this thread, it's hard to know what you meant by "the first option."  Can you explain a little more fully, include a link to the reply you were referring to or just quote a bit of that post?

As it is, I don't have enough information to respond.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I have to have items plugged into the PACE router - those specifically are for the TV service to work.  Since those ports are shared by device with XBOX's that are also hard wired - i effectively have two networks - and can't share data between the two. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

7 years ago

Yes, the U-verse IPTV gear needs to be plugged directly (or via a Gigabit witch) into the U-verse Gateway.  Ah, so you have a switch with both the XBOX and the U-verse TV Receiver plugged into it plugged into the U-verse Gateway.  Gotcha.  

You could either

1. run a second cable, or
  2. restrict yourself to 100BaseT and wire each end of the cable with two jacks/plugs each having 2 pair (not recommended), or
  3. you could get switches that have VLAN with Tagging.  You could then create two VLANs on a switch near your Gateway and Router, and then tag a port for your XBOX to be on a VLAN with the router, and the U-verse TV Receiver to be on the VLAN with the U-verse Gateway.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I just got new service and I'm trying to do this bridge mode to connect to my router (and trying a 2nd router) and can't get it to work correctly.

everything goes step by step fine putting my router(s) into the dmz+ mode, reboot pace, once up turn on my router(s) and they both get the public ip address from the pace fine.  btw im supposed to plug one of the pace ethernet ports into the internet port on my router i suppose?  

however, whether i plug into an ethernet or use wifi on my router i have no internet access on my pc.  the routers seems connected to internet but its not doing anything, being ive tried 2 separate brand routers im guessing the pace is not sending the traffic to either one?  what can i do to fix?  TIA

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

How am I supposed to configure my 'internal' router for DHCP when it doesn't show up on the Pace router even though it's connected?  I can't connect to the internet with my Linksys either so I can't access the router on a webpage.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Does the NVG599 have VOIP?  I considered getting that router instead of the Pace 5268AC, but I have VOIP with AT&T Uverse in a package deal with internet and Direct TV.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

We had this working with multiple static ip's.  Apparently, there was a firmware update last Sunday night and we lost the ability to port forward multiple statics through a sonic wall.  Has anyone been able to solve this puzzle?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.