For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
achng123's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, June 30th, 2013 3:28 PM

How do I connect a USB printer to a 5031NV Uverse gateway box, thanks?

Hello,

I have a 5031NV Uverse gateway box that has a USB port. I would like to connect a USB printer to that box. Any ideas? Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

If it's like all of the rest of the Uverse gateways, the USB port cannot be used for anything except charging or powering something.  I looked in the user guide and it does not list any functions for the USB port so I would assume it's still the same.  One of the community managers might chime in with a definitive answer.

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi achng123,

As beebeesa stated, the USB port is disabled on our router. Hopefully, you do not need to use it as a network printer, and you should be able to just connect it directly to your computer via USB port.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks all, not sure the reason why AT&T want to disable a port that is very useful for a USB network printer but I guess I will have to buy a USB network printer to get my printer working. I used to have netgear that had a USB port that work but I have just upgraded from DSL to Uverse and my netgear dsl router don't work anymore.

Thanks again.

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

We definitely apologize for the inconveniences. If you do purchase a network router that has USB ports available, let us know if you have any issues connecting it and we would be glad to assist you with connecting it to our modem.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

if that's the case use your netgear router as an access point to the Uverse Router.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

achng123 - If you are still working this issue - I have had a printer connected USB to a computer. When I added a second computer to the u-verse network, it can see the printer and print to it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have a d-link wireless router, so I can hook it to my u-verse wireless to get sccess to the usb port on the d-link? I use a network drive to backup my computers.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Yup.  We used our D-link wireless router as our connection for a network printer -- better than a cable across the floor to one computer for someone to use as a remote.  Your D-link will show up as another wireless connection.  Connect to it and you have your printer access wirelessly.

Unfortunately, our d-link died today.  Now we are stuck finding another option because ATT won't set up the Gateway USB for use with a network printer

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

How do I connect my Netgear AC1200 WiFi Router to my AT&T equipment (model # 5268AC) so I can use my USB printer?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@jrkdugan To connect a router make it as dumb as possible - like a swtich. No DHCP handout. just pass through. Even lan- lan Use cat5 cable between the two.

Altrnatively, connect the USB printer to a USB jack on a computer & set it for sharing

Or get a USB/wi-fi & connect wi-fi.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.