cdiebold123's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, October 11th, 2013 6:49 PM

How do I access & play video files from my PC on my PS3 using AT&T's wireless internet?

Now, when I was with Comcast, I was able to access a myriad of files that were on my computers "Public/Shared" folder from pictures to video files which the PS3 would access as "Media Servers". Unbeknownst to me, when I switched over to AT&T from Comcast, suddenly I'm unable to do this. Why? I would like to watch my video files that I have on my computer over my PS3 because I have a big TV and I'd like to watch them on there.

A couple of months ago, I used the LiveChat feature on here to speak to a representative. They claimed that if they sent a tech out to my house that he would be able to fix the issue, no problem. It took 4 days for a tech to make it out and when he got there, had absolutely no idea what I was talking about and openly admitted to having no idea why they would have scheduled him to come out there for that type of issue once I informed him of what the problem was. He then said that AT&T had a special team set up that dealt with issues such as mine and that they would be in contact with me within the next day or so. Well, it's been at least 3 months since then and never received a word from them. "Real life" caught up with me and I've been busy so I'm just getting around to reinquiring.

Does anyone on this forum know if/when AT&T will support the ability to read "Media Servers" from your PS3 through their wireless routers? If you already can do this, can someone point me in the direction of a step-by-step walkthrough? 

Here's an example of what I'm talking about if you're confused or I have not worded my questions clearly enough for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvFlN65_yKs

TLDR: My issue is that I'm not able to do what the girl in the above video is doing.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

If the files are on your computer and need to be accessed by the PS3, then this issue has nothing to do with AT&T.

This is a configuration problem on your computer, on the PS3, or on both.

The main thing that probably changed when you switched internet service providers is that the IP addressing for everything in the house changed.  You may need to tell the PS3 the new IP address of the computer, or you may need to tell the computer's firewall the new IP address of the PS3 to let it through, or both.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Take a look at this: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401476&cv=803#fbid=4dHZxRdsIOi  The main thing you have to do is set it up on the Uverse receivers.  It is in the article on how to do that.  The instructions are geared more towards Windows Operating Systems but look thru it and see if that's what your looking for.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I do not have UVerse TV and if you looked through those guides before you linked them, even if I did, it only allows for music and photos - not videos. I just have AT&T's internet service, not their UVERSE TV. Thanks anyway for your attempt.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Don't know what to tell you then.  I'm not going to read thru every e-support article trying to find your answer.  Good luck!!

One last thing I might suggest is to post over on the PS3 site/forums and ask them.  I'm sure someone has made it work since the router/wireless from U-verse is just "your network" and doesn't care whats hanging off of it as long as it has an IP address.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.