For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
melody_1's profile

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

Friday, August 23rd, 2013 9:04 PM

Closed

How can I extend the range of my wifi signal

When I had DSL I got strong wireless signals in my basement and backyard. Now, with Uverse, I rarely get a wireless signal in those two locations.  How can I change that?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

greyoldchief - Yes, the internet and TV are different wireless. There is no wireless solution to the TV. You need to reposition the WAP to better communicate with the receiver. Get a longer cat5 cable to reach the prime location.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks aviewer.  I think I'll rewire the system and switch the wireless receiver and the rg and wired receiver.  Will be just as easy as running a cat5.  Either way, I'll have to crawl around in the attic.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Are there circumstances where 2 Netgear WN3000RP's may necessary? For instance, I have a weak signal in my basement and in a garage apartment.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Are there every times that 2 of the Netgear extender that you recommended? For example, I have a weak signal in my basement and in a detached garage apartment.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Do you mind me asking how you connected the Apple Airport to the Uverse router ? I have one and would like to set it up to see if it solves our issues with the lack of signal in the back of our house with our Apple devices.

thanks !

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.