For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
belljen3's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, January 14th, 2019 8:09 PM

Help with my VOIP connecting to AT&T router

Hello,

My Mitel 5330e IP phone has been working, connected to ethernet port providing AT&T internet via AT&T router.  This set up has worked for me since 2017.  However, all of a sudden in October 2018, it stopped working.

The Mitel is provided by my employer and I log into it to have an office line directly in my home office. (I'm a remote employee.)

I have validated that the port works - by connecting my computer directly to the port via all ethernet cables used.  My employer has sent me multiple phones to try (that work in their office, but do not work in mine).  I have cleared my list of home network devices on the router. I have restarted everything multiple times. I have connected the phone directly to the router.  It still is stuck at DHCP: Discovery.

Today, I called AT&T technical support and they explained that I must purchase AT&T home phone service in order for the VOIP to work. They will then send me an AT&T phone and a new number.  I do not want a new number. I want to use my office number.  This resolution is unacceptable.

I believe that there is some limitation in AT&T router that is stopping the connection.  I'm in IT so I'm dangerous, but I don't know a lot about network administration.

Can someone please help??  I just don't accept that AT&T home phone service is the correct resolution to this issue.

Thanks,

Jennifer

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

5 years ago

Yes, that is the display I mean.  The yellow ports on the gateway have numbers by them.  Those numbers would correspond.  Here's an example... see the numbers under the yellow ports indicated by the call out #6?  If you cannot read numbers by the yellow ports, then they would likely be numbered starting at the end near the Red or Green ports (like this one is).

HGV3801

1 Attachment

Scholar

• 

465 Messages

5 years ago

Did setting a static IP on your phone fix the problem? That would be the easy fix since you have tested the port with your laptop and it works. 

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Was there any resolution to this as i am having the same issue now trying to set up at home to work remotely. I have spent hours this week on the phone with AT&T and my works IT team to get it sorted out but still stuck in DHCP Discovery. Other colleagues with AT&T had no problem with their set up.

• 

1 Message

@rbolick123456789 Would you please share if you have had any luck? I too have this problem and I am defeated!

• 

10 Messages

luckily my company was in the process of switching phones (poly on) and the ones work. But I was never able to get the mitel to work.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.