Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Has the ARRIS NVG589 firmware been updated to fix the KRACK & SharknAT&To security vulnerabilities?

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has the ARRIS NVG589 firmware been updated to fix the KRACK & SharknAT&To security vulnerabilities?

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Anonymous
Accepted by Anonymous
‎06-25-2018 2:40 PM

Re: Has the ARRIS NVG589 firmware been updated to fix the KRACK & SharknAT&To security vulne

Absolutely not!  You must use the firmware provided by att which pushes its own updates in a schedule att deems is necessary.  They make additional changes for which includes such things as registration validation.

Update:

If you read further down that page you linked to you will see the following:

AT&T Subscribers

If you are an AT&T High Speed Internet subscriber, please be advised that you already have the latest firmware installed on your AT&T device.  Attempting to use the firmware listed on this page to update your AT&T modem may cause irreversible damage to the device and may void warranty on your product.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Mentor

Re: Has the ARRIS NVG589 firmware been updated to fix the KRACK & SharknAT&To security vulne

Is there a way to force a firmware install? I read that it might help fix what I suspect is a malware issue.

I called technical support and they claim a router can’t become infected, and then they actually expect either $15/month with a 12 month commitment, or a one time $49 fee! I'm going to be moving out of town by the end of the year, and I'm pretty sure which service I WON’T be choosing! As if their thieving executives need it…

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support