worker37's profile

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

Saturday, August 23rd, 2014 8:23 PM

Gateway NVG510

I recently had my U-verse installed for Internet and phones. I can't find much info on the NVG510 Gateway. On the back of the unit, I noticed there is a red circle labeled Reset and a button labeled Setup. When would I have to use these?

Also, what happens if power goes out for longer than the battery backup unit can supply backup power? Does the Gateway automatically reset it self and my phones and Internet connection automatically start working again?  

Any info would be appreciated.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

I found link to Admin's Gateway manual from answers to the post titled: "Where can I download the UVerse Motorola NVG510 Router manual?" That was helpful, but I'm still wondering how my U-verse Internet and phones would survive an extended power outage. Will the system automatically restart itself when power is restored? Any info would be appreciated.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the info.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

@worker37 wrote:

I found link to Admin's Gateway manual from answers to the post titled: "Where can I download the UVerse Motorola NVG510 Router manual?" That was helpful, but I'm still wondering how my U-verse Internet and phones would survive an extended power outage. Will the system automatically restart itself when power is restored? Any info would be appreciated.

A couple of winters ago, our power was out for 4 days.  Once power was restored, all equipment powered up and all services were in working order.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

skeeterintexas,

Thanks for your encouraging info. I'll sleep easier tonight.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Is there any kind of up graded  or newer NVG510 available. I have had mine for about 5 years now?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.