PolterGeist's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, September 12th, 2012 8:14 PM

Gateway Issue w Toshiba VoIP Phone

My 2Wire 3800 gateway I just received from ATT is not working with my Toshiba IPT2010-SD and the ATT technician just says it's incompatible which I find hard to believe.  It worked fine with my prior service provider's modem.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I have a similiar problem. I was forced to go from DSL to U-Verse in Feb 2012. My Toshiba IP-5000-Series phone worked unit about mid-June then it stopped connecting to my IP address. Phone worked with DSL and U-Verse until June.

Two other co-workers had the same issue. AT&T said they did not do anything - sounds suspicious that we all had problems as the same time.

Swapped out the Gateway, swapped out the phone, changed the phone settings - no resolution. The only common Toshiba tech and my IT say it is a phone and U-verse compatibility issue. Can not change phones because using standard company phone.

Everyone using U-Verse and this phone has problems. No one has issues with Verizon FiOS, WOW but they are not in my immediate area. The only choice I have is Time Warner Cable, which is my next stop and I will probably change.

Anyone have success with U-Verse and the toshiba IP5000-Series phone?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

cwo4navyret - Does the phone connect at your company or a third party site?
Is it not possible for a tech to view your attempt to come in on that termination?
How about a VPN? Can you establish a VPN from your site to the other end & have the telephone connection in the tunnel?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

aviewer - Thanks, I'm not technical, but as far as I know,  I am connecting directly to my company. I can connect to my company via a VPN, but the issue seems to be that the phone is not finding the IP address through the Gateway.

I've had three AT&T techs in my home, my IT folks have checked everything they can on my computer and remotely, we have set the proper MAC settings on the phone, and set the firewall to DMZ+.The AT&T techs, on-site and over the phone, have not been able to fix the problem. I have had two AT&T techs talk with my IT people while trying to fix the problem on site.

It cannot set the IP address and conect to the primary server.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

cwo4navyret - Sounds like your VPN is to your computer & the phone is connected separately. Ask your IT support if there is a way to connect the phone through the VPN.

Another idea is - Is there a way to enter the IP address manually? Or, specify a different DBS server? Usually a DNS server used to translate a URL to an IP. If that translation is not working, then you should be able to point to a different DNS server in the phone or enter the ip directly/
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.