dhascall's profile

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

Sunday, April 10th, 2011 2:55 PM

Frequent RG Resets - Oh, not again!

Wife informed that the service is "freezing up."  She is growing tired of this and so am I. 

Before posting my UVRT screens here are two observations:

1. I  have severe but wildly intermittent static on my AT&T POTS landline.

2. Since June 2010 my distance to VRAD has changed.  This morning it was 2600 but now it is showing 1700.  Odd.

3. An AT&T linesman has been in our neighborhood working on the line.  He noted that they were adding additional UV capacity.  Wonder if our pair got twisted with someone elses, again ?

NOTE: The first screen is from June 2010, the rest today.

Stats.jpgStats-2011-04-10-08-53-45.pngErrorTable-2011-04-10-08-55-26.pngInterfaces-2011-04-10-08-55-34.pngBitloading-2011-04-10-08-55-52.pngCoaxHPNA-2011-04-10-08-56-02.png

6 Attachments

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

13 years ago

@SomeJoe7777 wrote:

dhascall,

Can you repost a set of UVRT stats, bitloading, and errors?

I will, tonight.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

I had another meltdown yesterday and today, exactly 34 seconds again.  What is magic about that number?

I'll be interested to see what's going on with yours.  Something is up since it's not just one of us. Smiley Sad

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

13 years ago

@spd2demun wrote:

I had another meltdown yesterday and today, exactly 34 seconds again.  What is magic about that number?

I'll be interested to see what's going on with yours.  Something is up since it's not just one of us. Smiley Sad

Your downtime was (only) 34 seconds?  Wish that is all mine was.....  Sigh.

Comcast may seriously be in our futureSmiley Sad

Wife said that the RG reset a few times today.  She has already melted down and I'm pertnear ready to, too.  Hope to get the UVRT screenshots up later.

The Premisis Tech was looking at replacing my RG (again) yesterday but the new ones do not have PC-USB out - and the NIC is fried in my PC, so that is the only way I can get internet on it unless I buy a wireless dongle for a desktop PC that is just 10 feet away.  He had one fpr sale on his truck.  More $ out of my pocket, though he said that AT&T might work with me.  Argh!

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

13 years ago

SJ - Looks like yesterday, all over again.   Razzin frazzin Friggin Frazzem!  Contacting David'sd team as we speak!

Stats-2011-04-11-19-43-51.png

ErrorTable-2011-04-11-19-44-17.pngBitloading-2011-04-11-19-44-07.png

3 Attachments

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

They charge for the new RGs?  The tech who came to my home didn't have any new ones.  He said there weren't any differences between the newer ones.   But I took that as he either didn't kjnow, or he figured I wouldn't know better.  I haven't had any RG reboots since late Saturday.  Sorry you two are still having issues,

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

13 years ago

@RCSMG wrote:

They charge for the new RGs?  The tech who came to my home didn't have any new ones.  He said there weren't any differences between the newer ones.   But I took that as he either didn't kjnow, or he figured I wouldn't know better.  I haven't had any RG reboots since late Saturday.  Sorry you two are still having issues,

HEY!  Do not give them any ideas.  No the charge would be for a wireless dongle since he new RG's do not have the rarely used (but I do) PC-USB port.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

Oh ok.  That tech said the only thing new was the cover of the RG.  He probably had a new one on his truck too.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

13 years ago

dhascall,

Obviously still huge intermittent problems there.  I'd contact David at this point and see if they can send a senior premises tech and a senior I&M guy.  Your line is obviously still having major problems, they need to switch you to another pair at minimum.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Why would he need to be moved after all this time?  Is this something we can expect after a few years?

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

I'm not questioning him (know he's right), just curious since I am in the same boat.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.