d7diesel's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, June 19th, 2014 10:44 AM

Flashing "red" broadband light on NVG510

I'm at work.  When I arrived this AM. The "Broadband" light was flashing red.  I did a speed test and I'm fairly good at 7 Mbsp.

Should I reboot now or can it wait to mess with it at the end of the day?  If I reboot the NVG510 now  will I loose my settings on the modem ?  I'd  like to look at the modem  configuration before I reboot.  Why the flashing red?  I'd prefer  to wait  to the end of the day to  trouble shoot.  Is  total loss of  service iminent if I wait until the end of the day?

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

10 years ago

@d7diesel@  wrote:

I'm at work.  When I arrived this AM. The "Broadband" light was flashing red.  I did a speed test and I'm fairly good at 7 Mbsp.

Should I reboot now or can it wait to mess with it at the end of the day?  If I reboot the NVG510 now  will I loose my settings on the modem ?  I'd  like to look at the modem  configuration before I reboot.  Why the flashing red?  I'd prefer  to wait  to the end of the day to  trouble shoot.  Is  total loss of  service iminent if I wait until the end of the day?

Was it still flashing red when you did your speed test?

It's possible they just pushed a firmware update for the modem/router and it was rebooting itself.

Keep an eye on ot it. If it's fashing red while you still have internet access, then something is definitely wrong with the modem/router. If it keeps going from green to flasshing red then you're potentially having line/connection issues.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

The  light is  flashing red all the time.   No green light  activity during the speed test.  Everything  is  working well otherwise and if not for the red light I would not be aware of a problem.   Perhaps speed is  diminished a bit  from the usual 9 Mbps to 7 Mbps. 

I  also spoke with a tech support agent.  He  detected line "intermittent issues"  on the line test  from  the  central office. A  technician is  scheduled  to  visit  later  today.   I'd like to verify  the modem settings  before I do a reboot.  That all takes time and  the end of the day is  preferred  for troubleshooting.  I'll  give  feedback here once I know more.   For now I'm  keeping  fingers crossed  for  today....

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

ATT tech did a call to our office. All line tests were normal. He rebooted our gateway through his device.   The  gateway booted to all green lights.   Yes !!

We  thank ATT for the excellent  service !

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.