orrml04's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, April 26th, 2012 1:08 AM

Firmware update for Motorola nvg510

Any one know when a firmware update will be available for the motorola nvg510. It's very frustrating piece of ###. The constant robbing of my browsers home page (Firefox and IE) because the device can't keep connection to the DNS servers 99.99.99.53 and 153. It has gotten very annoying. Does anyone have any ideas how to keep the stupid thing from hijacking my home page url ???   "http://www.google.com/cgi-bin/redirect.ha" (this takes me to a bogus error message about phone lines)  takes a lot of wrangling to get it away from the device..

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

orrml04 - Strange doings - If you are having DNS problems, try google 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.8.4

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks, that is what I'm doing. (using a different DNS address) and a static address. But when ever the device loses DNS, can't make a connection, it hijacks my home page url. (redirects me to a diagnostic page)  It's stupid and you can't change the DNS setting in the motorola.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

This has been an ongoing problem with the NVGs. Why AT&T has not addressed it, well, they're AT&T.

I would get a different modem/gateway. From what they offer, the Pace 4111N looks pretty good and have not heard much negative about it. It also looks to have the best wireless out of any of AT&T's offerings.

http://www.att.com/equipment/accessory-details/?q_categoryid=cat2020062&q_sku=sku5520238&q_manufacturer=&q_model=

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

I just switched from the NVG510 to the older Motorola 2210-02-1ATT IP-DSLAM modem and my connectivity and VPN issues went away.

Scholar

• 

136 Messages

12 years ago

Best bet right now if you can find one is the 2210-02-1ATT for IP-DSL.  Unfortunately the 4111N is not compatible with IP-DSL right now, though a version is in the works from what I've heard with an unknown release date.  When it comes to the 2210 though it is being phased out because the company wants to get send out devices that already have the ATA included and are wireless out of the box.  

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

I am having the same problem over and over >>>>Error message http://www .(google and other sites) .com/cgi-bin/ipdiags.ha. Potential Connection Issue (Message ID: NAD-2902). I hope someone helps you and that I subsequently get the same help.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

This helped me with my issues - There seems to be an issue with the DNS servers that ATT uses - I changed mine to google DNS public servers and all is well - 

Motorola Help or 

http://www.ron-berman.com/2011/11/24/motorola-nvg510-help-page-for-att-u-verse-users/

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

when is at&t going to pay attention to its customers and upgrade the firmware on this.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Same problem here. I got U-verse Pro barely a month ago, it comes with NVG510 (software version 9.0.6h2d21, which to my knowledge is a new/latest firmware). I use MacOSX (Safari & Firefox), and a couple of cellphones (running on Symbian v5 and Android) to wi-fi, did add google DNS to the System Preferences/Network, turned off IPv6 on AT&T GUI page, yet every week I called tech support to find out what's with the "Potential Connection Issue". On a couple of occasions, the tech support reset from AT&T end followed by my restarting the computer; it did not fix the problem until I reset the modem myself. When it happened after office hours, I resorted to resetting the modem. After the last attempt just few days ago over the same issue, the tech support suggested that a technician come to see if there's a connection issue OUTSIDE the house, and I agreed because I was frustrated and thinking that a new modem may not fix the problem. So, the technician came today and said there's nothing wrong with the phone line, checked the modem, reset it the way I always did, and suggested that my computer AND cellphones must be the ones having the problems because everything seems to work just fine. Nice to know how an AT&T technician can just blame it on the customer's equipment when he said it himself that he's not an IT person (he's the "line guy"), claimed to have never seen NVG510 before, never encountered this issue until he came to the house, doesn't even know what ping is nor that Internet Explorer, which I have but don't use, looks slightly different on a Mac.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Hi Junior,

You think the Motorola 2210-02-1ATT IP-DSLAM is a better choice than the NVG510?  If so, do you know the best place to get the AT&T model?

Thanks! 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.