For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
stuart120's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 14th, 2019 9:18 AM

Closed

Firmware Updates for Pace 5268 ac

Are there any firmware updates for the Pace 5268 ac DSL modem router, and if so, where? Thank you!

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Att will push an update when they deem necessary.

Tutor

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

[Me] : I recently upgraded to Fiber.  I was told upon upgrading I would receive a new modem that was capable of taking advantage of the fiber speed and making not only my hard wired fiber main computer much master, but also my WIFI to the rest of my network much faster.  I did NOT get a new modem and the old Pace **** is not getting faster WIFI from the installed fiber.  I want what was promised when I signed up for fiber, the newer, more advanced BGW-320 500, not just a new Pace *****  I am currently enrolled in your premium Uverse TV package and if I can't receive the BGW 320 500 which I understand AT&T is reserving for NEW CUSTOMERS, then I will switch to Infinity, where I will be a NEW CUSTOMER. 

[Milly] : Hey! My name is Milly.  Please give me a moment to review your request.

[Me] : thanks

[Milly] : Based on what you shared with me and since you are a loyal customer, my best recommendation is to involved our specialized team they have the access to your account to help you to check why you didn't receive the modem without any problem, may I have your permission to connect you with them over the same chat?

[Me] : yes

[Milly] : Thank you.

[Milly] : Stay online , I will transfer you now. Thank you for choosing AT&T!

[Me] : ok

[Patricia] : Milly transferred chat to Patricia

[Patricia] : Hi! My name is Patricia. I'm happy to help! Let's get started

[Patricia] : Hi Jennie, nice to meet you :)

[Patricia] : You're welcome.

[Patricia] : I apologize for the multiple transfer. Not to worry you have reached the right person I will take the ownership of your concern and will get this solved for you today

[Patricia] : Please give me a moment to review your previous conversation.

[Me] : if you can send me the new modem i can install it myself

[Patricia] : Sure Jennie, I will place the order for the new router at free of cost and you can install it

[Me] : and not the same one I now have

[Patricia] : Yes Jennie, I will place the order for the most new and updated model of the router 

[Me] : thank you

[Patricia] : You're welcome Jennie :)

[Patricia] : For authentication purposes, can you please provide me with your four-digit passcode?

[Me] : 1313

[Patricia] : Great, I was able to verify your account.

[Patricia] : Thanks for waiting! I'm going to start an order to get this equipment replaced for you now!

[Patricia] : You're welcome Jennie :)

[Patricia] : I have successfully placed the order for the new software updated router at free of cost.

[Patricia] : Your order number is [251058812775]. You will get an email and text confirmation regarding the order status. You can also check the order status in the myAT&T app.

[Me] : Do you have the model number i'll be receiving?

[Patricia] : Yes Jennie, I can see your previous chat and completely documented it so that our dispatch team will send the most newer model router to you

[Patricia] : There is a return procedure to send the old equipment to us. Let me provide you with the instructions.​

[Me] : Ok, I've spent hundreds of dollars on 3rd party routers that I was unable to get to work with your Pace 5268, so do not send me another one of those.

[Patricia] : Sure Jennie, Please trust me you will receive the most updated and new model router which will have the updated firmware and software

[Me] : but you can't supply me with the model number and maker?

[Patricia] : As per your request I have added notes to the dispatch team to send BGW-320 500.

[Me] : ok, thanks Patricia

[Patricia] : You're most welcome Jennie :)

[Patricia] : I am right away expediting the shipping for you so that the router will be shipped tonight and it will reach you tomorrow

[Me] : thank you so much, good by

[Patricia] : There is a return procedure to send the old equipment to us. Let me provide you with the instructions.​

[Patricia] : My pleasure Jennie :)

[Patricia] : We encourage you to return the defective equipment within 10 days to avoid being billed for non-returned equipment while the equipment is in transit. If you fail to return your equipment within 21 days, a $150 equipment charge will be billed to your account.​ In addition, please note: The equipment must be returned to an authorized UPS/Fed Ex Store. The nearest UPS or Fed Ex Store can be found by visiting www.theupsstore.com or https://www.fedex.com/en-us/home.html

[Me] : will do

[Patricia] : UPS/Fed Ex will need your Billing Account Number and your order number at the time of drop-off.​ No packing is required; simply bring your Billing Account Number and order number to the UPS/ Fed Ex store, and UPS/Fed Ex will package the device(s) for you. UPS/Fed Ex will provide you a receipt confirming your return​

[Me] : is billing acct number my uverse acct number?

[Patricia] : Yes Jennie, you are correct!

[Patricia] : You are all set! To recap, you chatted in regarding some hardware issues you were experiencing, and we were able to resolve them by ordering replacement equipment for the new model and updated router . We were successfully able to get that order placed for you today and expedited the shipping to 1 day shipping . Before we end our chat, is there anything else I can help you with today?

[Me] : no thanks, i'm good

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2022 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved.
AT&T and Globe logo are registered trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property.

SO WHAT ARE THEY SENDING???  YOU GUESSED IT, THE SAME PIECE OF CRAP PACE 5268 I SPECIFICALLY TOLD THEM NOT TO SEND.

Shipment & Order Details:

Shipment Method: FEDEX
Shipped On: 04/22/2022
Expected Arrival Date: 04/23/2022
Item Shipped: COLL KIT
Tracking: 579656270215

Shipment Method: FEDEX
Shipped On: 04/22/2022
Expected Arrival Date: 04/23/2022
Item Shipped: 2Wire 5268AC
Tracking: 579656270215

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

You said you have UVerseTV.  Do you have a coax cable connected to the Pace for your TV service?  If so, the "upgrade" to the BGW320 is going to be an issue since neither it or the earlier BGW210 support that connection.

As to the "new customer" issue with the BGW320, that's exactly right and it's because of two reasons.  One, the BGW320 is still in short supply because of ongoing supply chain issues.  And two, the push to build out 2Gbps and 5Gbps fiber service requires the use of the BGW320. 

So AT&T is not going to ship you a BGW320 no matter what they say.  In fact, until you pressed them you'll notice they kept avoiding the question, always saying you'll get the most newest model.  They can promise all they want and even put it in writing, but Joe Warehouse is the one who pulls your order and he ships whatever is available.  In some instances people got the BGW210 and some BGW210 customers got the Pace.  In your situation it may be that there's some sort of notation that you have to be shipped the Pace because of the TV thing.

Oh, and why did you need to resurrect a 3 yr old post that had absolutely nothing to do with your issue?  In the future please start your own thread.

(edited)

Tutor

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

Because intentional dishonesty to your customers irritates the (Edited per community guidelines) out of me. AT&T has never learned the concept of Fiduciary trust that should be assumed. Instead they’re the used car salesmen of this industry, promise you anything but give you crap. So very nice to you while knowing they’re never gonna deliver. Short supply? Amazon could deliver me one tomorrow and I wouldn’t mind paying the $100-$200 but I know AT&T would not not let me make it work. So if they’re discontinuing U-verse, why did they push my fiber upgrade and promise me a new modem knowing it would not improve my WIFI as long as the obsolete Pace 5268 was also the router. Because it’s all about revenue and lying to the customer… it’s what any used car salesman would do.

(edited)

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

Not "my customers", not an AT&T employee.  I was just trying to warn you that might lose your TV connection if you got your wish.  I tried to explain exactly why you won't get the new gateway right now.

Good luck with that Amazon purchase...it may or may not get authenticated and even if it does, you're going to find out that the wifi improvement isn't all you think it would be.

But clearly you aren't interested in help or explanations, so I'll bow out. 

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.