Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Impacted by the government shutdown? AT&T can help.  Learn more

Enable 2.4 ghz in my ATT 5268ac Router

Contributor

Enable 2.4 ghz in my ATT 5268ac Router

Hello, I would like to enable 2.4 ghz in my ATT 5268ac Router. How can I do it?
Message 1 of 5
Employee

Re: Enable 2.4 ghz in my ATT 5268ac Router

It is enabled by default... Factory resetting the gateway will return all settings to DEFAULT.

In default mode both the 2.4 and 5 networks have same SSID (name) and password.

Accessing the gateway by using a connected device (hardwired or wireless) 192.168.1.254

Locate the WiFi section (varies by model) to view the current settings... To make changes to settings need the Device Access Code (DAC) found on side of gateway.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

I have both 2.4 and 5g enabled on my new 5268 router, but my 2.4g only devices are unable to connect. Is the 5g interfering?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jobee5,

It might be a setting in your router. Check in your router's settings.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

@Jobee5

Could be the 5268's band steering (where the use of 2.4 and 5 are optimized) is confusing your 2.4 devices.  So get into your gateway (192.168.1.254), navigate to its wifi section, and give the 2.4 and 5 different ssid/passwords.  That disables the band steering and allows your 2.4 and 5 devices to access the specific radio (2.4 or 5) by its respective ssid.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!
Additional Support