Downgrading to TV only...

Contributor

Downgrading to TV only...

I currently have TV/Internet/Voice.  TV service is great, with the exception of having to use Component connection due to Black crush issue with HDMI. Internet however.... as reliable as warm weather in the northeast!

My question is, when I remove internet and voice from my account, will I keep the NVG589 or will I get a different gateway that does not have to use 2 pair wiring?

Message 1 of 2 (168 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Downgrading to TV only...

The 589 RG will stay for tv service. DEPENDING on why pair bonded determines if they kill one of the lines.

Pair bonded due to distance, long loop length, will still need both pairs for TV service.
If pair bonded for POWER internet (short loop) they may place you on one pair to free the port for another customer.

If was dropping TV service and had 24M internet or less would expect the 589 (leased) to be pulled and you would purchase ($100) the 5031 for internet or internet/voip account.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (139 Views)