For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
hbeduryan's profile

Teacher

• 

37 Messages

Saturday, December 28th, 2013 11:24 PM

Does something need to be plugged in my ONT port on 2wire gateway

ok so i had ordered uverse tv/internet combo. i cancelled tv and whle unplugging everything i accidently unplugged the ont port off my 2 wire router/modem. without it internet is still working fine no issues. was ont used for my tv or is it needed for internet?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

10 years ago

If you do not have FTTP, then nothing should be (or should have been) plugged into the ONT port. That port on the 2Wire gateway should remain empty.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Copied from earlier post on this forum after searching for the term "ONT";
" The ONT port is for connecting to the Optical Network Terminal for a FTTP (Fiber to the Premise) installation. Don't mess with that port.

Teacher

• 

37 Messages

10 years ago

I dont have FTTP lol My house is like 60 years old> I do have rewired cat-5e all over tho

Teacher

• 

37 Messages

10 years ago

ok. i took it out. will there be any problems in the future if it used to be plugged in? also my ipod has a slow connection to my router with a 160+ ms ping and less than 1 mbps connection when all my laptops and pcs get a good 20 ms ping with 20 mbps download is there a solution to that?

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

10 years ago

There should not be any problems going forward, even if something was plugged in there.

Delete and re-setup the wireless connection on the iPod. If that does not work, you may want to switch the encryption method on the 2Wire's wireless settings to AES only instead of AES/TKIP.

Teacher

• 

37 Messages

10 years ago

ok also do you know where i can find the default password of the 2wire router page?

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

10 years ago

Default password to the 2Wire is on a white sticker on the side of it.

Teacher

• 

37 Messages

10 years ago

wow ive been astonished ive been getting 20mbps for the entire day paying for 18/1.5 and now its dipped to 12/1.5 wow -_- i thought uverse had changed but were going back to 4 yrs ago

Teacher

• 

37 Messages

10 years ago

wow ive been astonished ive been getting 20mbps for the entire day paying for 18/1.5 and now its dipped to 12/1.5 wow -_- i thought uverse had changed but were going back to 4 yrs ago

Scholar

• 

419 Messages

5 years ago

What is the empty, green Broadband port for then?  The Ethernet incoming is plugged into the Red ONT Port. There are four others for Ethernet out.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.