lonestarcluster's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, September 13th, 2012 5:06 PM

Does Slingbox Pro work with U-verse

I couldn't find a recent post to answer this.

We are thinking of getting U-verse but we have 2 slingbox pros that we want to hook up. Does U-verse equipment allow for Sligbox Pro hook up? Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

12 years ago

You could have the U-verse STB's feeding your slingboxes with the slingboxes hooked up to Roadrunner internet.

Depending on how close you are to the VRAD and the quality of your line, you can get close 24 Mbps down, 2 Mbps up for Uverse HSI.  Not as good as FIOS, mind you, but not too shabby.  However, if you watch or record more than one HD channel simultaneously, your IPTV bandwidth can start eroding your HSI bandwidth, because the largest possible profile for IPTV, HSI and VOIP (if you have that service) is only 32 Mbps down, 5 Mbps up.

How much upstream pipe are you planning to use with your Slingboxes? 

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

lonestarcluster - While I do not have one I believe I have seen posts saying that it does work. The IR blaster supports the STBs. The STB can be connected composite or component.
Internet acces works.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

I did see posts from a while ago and people couldn't get it to work properly.

My concern is that in order to connect Slingbox for internet viewing while not on your home network you have to make some changes to the wireless router settings. We've had an issue with that on RoadRunner internet when using their wireless router they wouldn't allow us to change settings so we are using our own wireless router hooked up to their wired modem.

So basically, does AT&T U-verse allow customers to change wireless router settings?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

lonestarcluster - Since I do not have personal experience, I can only say I have seen postings that it works. I have seen many postings on all sorts of configurations to make them work.

I believe the key to getting access is to put the slingbox in the DMZ.

For more details you will have to wait for an expert in this area to see your post.

• 

25.7K Messages

12 years ago

Actually aviewer, they would just need to make the changes in the Firewall settings, not set it for DMZPlus, since it is not a router. http://lanijo.hubpages.com/hub/slingboxwithuverse

Also for the OP, see the following at portforward.com http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/2wire/3800HGV-B/SlingBox.htm Just click close on the Pop-up.  To get to your Slingbox from afar off of your WiFi connection, you browse to your Public IP of your RG.  That can be found at http://gateway.2wire.net/xslt?PAGE=C_3_0

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

Thanks gregzoll_1 - I knew someone could help with details.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you for the clarification and instructions. I have another question...currently we have Verizon Fios TV and RoadRunner internet and use our 2 Slingboxes hooked up to our Verizon STBs running through our RoadRunner internet. If we use AT&T U-verse for TV and RoadRunner for internet, would AT&T set up be the same as we have now?

I'm asking this because we are moving in about a month and Verizon is not available, only AT&T U-verse but I haven't heard very good things about the internet speeds of U-verse. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.