For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Quasimojo's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, February 7th, 2018 4:46 PM

Does AT&T offer any DSL modems that feature QOS?

6.0 bandwidth.  Need to throttle the speed on other devices in the home that are hogging all my internets while I am playing Overwatch.  Thanks in advance.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

6 years ago

No.  You would need to purchase your own 3rd party router with that feature and install it between your network and the AT&T modem.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you.  Any particular brand/model that you would recommend?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

6 years ago

I like the ASUS line of routers.  They pretty much run the same firmware, so for this purpose they should be equivalent.  Other brands will also have routers with this feature.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you, Jeffer.  What do you think about this one?  I cannot tell if it has QoS or not though.  TRENDnet TEW-816DRM AC750

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

6 years ago

The TEW-816DRM is a Modem/Router combination that works with VDSL2/ADSL2+, i.e. U-verse-like connections.  I say U-verse-like because AT&T will not allow you to use any gear but that they they provided on a U-verse connection.  I do not know, given that you said 6.0 MBps whether you are DSL or VDSL2/ADSL2+.  If DSL, then you could find a similar device to the one above that is a Modem/Router that supports old-style ADSL connections.  Regardless, you can find a wireless router—with no modem functionality—to put between the modem and the rest of your network.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I found out from AT&T and TRENDnet that the TEW-816DRM AC750 will work with my DSL service and does have QoS.  Thanks for all your help today.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.