Helpful Links

DVD player internet connection

Contributor

DVD player internet connection

I just got Uverse this week and went about setting up the internet connection for my DVD player (to use Netflix, Vudu etc).  I can connect to the wireless network, but I can't get a wired connection to work.  The Uverse modem/router is right next to the DVD player so it seemed like a good idea.  I would prefer a wired connection over wireless because I think it will be faster and hence stream better.

Anwyays I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  It's a Sony BDP-S390.  Is there somewhere I can go to figure out the IP address, gateway, dns and all that stuff?  I tried an auto setup, but that didn't work, so it looks like I will have to manually enter all this information into the DVD player.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
Community Support

Re: DVD player internet connection

Hi @okieguy ,

I am sorry about the issues you are having with your DVD player, but I will be glad to help. The first thing you may want to try is the Ethernet connection going to the DVD player. Try to plug a laptop or another device using the same Ethernet cable going to the DVD player to see if it gets assigned an IP address. If not, it may be a defective cable.

To manually configure it, if you have left the U-verse router on default settings:

IP address: 192.168.1.50 (You can actually use anything from 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.253, but I would suggest using something below 192.168.1.64)

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway: 192.168.1.254

DNS address: (You can actually use any DNS server out there, but here are a few that you can choose from)

Hope this helps.

-David T

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply sign in, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Thanks that worked.  Pretty sure I also had a bad cord as well.

Message 3 of 5
Community Support

That's great to hear! I am glad everything is working!

-David T

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply sign in, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5
ACE - Professor

I hqave to say, I was totaly facinated to read about your dvd with the internet connection, as I had no idea that was even a thing.

The setup instrections for the connection were very educational. Seriously, thanks for sharing.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support