Helpful Links

DNS Configuration - NVG510

Contributor

DNS Configuration - NVG510

I, unfortunately, was recently talked into "upgrading" my DSL to U-verse - so I could save 5 dollars a month. I have encountered an issue with the NVG510. Try as I might, I am simply unable to envision a situation where it would be beneficial to lock down the DNS configuration so that a person is unable to change it. What is the purpose of it? Is there a way to "unlock" this so you can manually change your DNS servers without having to bridge another router? Had I known this was going to happen I would have just stuck with my old DSL - it was half the speed that it is now but at least it was functional.
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Expert

Re: DNS Configuration - NVG510

Unfortunately, DNS settings are hard-coded in all U-Verse routers, because some U-Verse services (VOIP and IPTV) use DNS names that only the AT&T DNS servers can resolve.

To use your own DNS settings, you can use your own router behind the NVG510, or you can make individual DNS entries on each device.

Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support