Connecting a device to the STB

Highlighted
Contributor

Connecting a device to the STB

I purchased a BluRay player and then discovered that my Home Theatre receiver does not accept HDMI inputs. So, the only way to play the BluRay disks is through the TV speakers.
I am wondering if there is a way to connect the BluRay player to my STB/RG, which uses the optical output to connect to my Home theatre receiver.
My BluRay player does have a digital coax output as well as the HDMI output.

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: Connecting a device to the STB

DWPerkins - The easy part is that the U-verse STB does not support inputs.

What are your model numbers so I can look up what input/output is available & look for a converter. Is surround required or is Stereo OK?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

I can just connect the bluray directly to my TV and get stereo sound. I was hoping to be able to use it through my Surround Sound system, but that system is limited (no inputs).

Thanks for your help

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

DWPerkins -
So, it sounds like you have an optical input available & a COAX output. Here are some converters - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=coax%20to%20optical%2...
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support