Connecting a device to the STB

Highlighted
Contributor

Connecting a device to the STB

I purchased a BluRay player and then discovered that my Home Theatre receiver does not accept HDMI inputs. So, the only way to play the BluRay disks is through the TV speakers.
I am wondering if there is a way to connect the BluRay player to my STB/RG, which uses the optical output to connect to my Home theatre receiver.
My BluRay player does have a digital coax output as well as the HDMI output.

Message 1 of 4 (743 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Connecting a device to the STB

DWPerkins - The easy part is that the U-verse STB does not support inputs.

What are your model numbers so I can look up what input/output is available & look for a converter. Is surround required or is Stereo OK?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (725 Views)
Contributor

I can just connect the bluray directly to my TV and get stereo sound. I was hoping to be able to use it through my Surround Sound system, but that system is limited (no inputs).

Thanks for your help

Message 3 of 4 (718 Views)
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by beckyww (Administrator)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

DWPerkins -
So, it sounds like you have an optical input available & a COAX output. Here are some converters - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=coax%20to%20optical%2...
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (704 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.