Connecting Wireless BBQ controller

Highlighted
Tutor

Connecting Wireless BBQ controller

Hello everyone. I have a BBQ guru cyber q wifi that I am trying to add to my LAN. when I can get the device to communicate with the gateway I can see the device MAC address, and a public IP address. In the firewall I have the device pinhole/ security setting for tcp we server and it shows it's on port 80 which should allow it to communicate with me over the Internet. I can't communicate with it. But if I sync the device directly to my iPhone it works fine, although I lose function ability.
Any ideas of any other security changes or other suggestions to get this up and working?

Thanks,

Mike
Message 1 of 6 (1,515 Views)
Professor
Solution
Accepted by BeeBeeSA (ACE - Master)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Connecting Wireless BBQ controller

[ Edited ]

You need to make the change in the Application tab in Firewall, not a Pinhole. Even though the following is regarding the Windows Home Server, it applies in your application. http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/2wire/3800HGV-B/Windows_Home_Server.htm

Once you have it set up, then you browse from afar off of your WiFi network, to the Public IP of your RG.  Your Public IP is listed at http://gateway.2wire.net/xslt?PAGE=C_3_0

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Ok, so to double check. Would I use my BBQ controller at the computer instead of one of my other computers on the network?
Message 3 of 6 (1,496 Views)
Professor

No, follow the directions in the link I posted. If you do that correctly, no matter where you are in the world, you will be able to connect back to the controller through your web browser. As for the iPhone app, it should work regardless, unless it is looking for the public IP of the BBQ device, then it needs the Public IP as I stated that you need to find what yours is, in the info I posted above.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Thanks, I will try it when I get home.
Message 5 of 6 (1,489 Views)
Tutor

It worked great. thanks for the help.

Message 6 of 6 (1,468 Views)