bhatwalne's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, October 6th, 2013 8:52 PM

Connecting Samsung SmartApps to U Verse Internet

I have read tons of posts in the forums in addition to spending time with Samsung and AT&T Customer Service without any luck. Getting any kind of assistance from this forum is my last resort.

Below is brief summary of mu issue:

1. When I select the "Web Browser" on my Samsung Smart TV, it gives me the ERROR_EXE_001

2. I have checked that the firmware is update to the date and tried all kind of stuff which most of them recommended starting from

A) resetting it to factory defaults

B) Using Static IP

C) Changing DNS setting to 8.8.8.8

D) Deactivating Firewall from Router setting for TV device

Would anybody help me or walk through the steps on how this can get working? I'll be more than happy to list any details you need.

Thanks !

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

woolroom - Someone reported changing the country in the Samsung solved the problem. I did some searches & cannot find the post. Does your setup have a country choice??

@woolroom  found it - 

You also need to specify the Country Code:

1. Open Smart Hub

2. Aim your remote at the TV and press: [fast-fwd] 2 8 9 [rewind]

3. Select desired country... note it takes quite a while to get this list; do this after changing DNS to 8.8.4.4

http://forums.att.com/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/ConnecTech_Board_Configuration/message-id/234/print-single-message/false/page/1

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

You might want to take a gander at this thread where posters were having the same issue and solved it: http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Cannot-connect-smart-tv-to-internet/m-p/3530771#M38759

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

bhatwalne - You are not the first & I think there was not a solution on previous.

You used up my idea with the DNS setting.

Are you trying wireless or wired or both?? If wireless try without security, just to maximize roadblocks. You can add security after it works.

See if you can access the RG via the browser - http://192.168.1.254/

I would power down (remove power) the RG & the TV. Restart RG after all green. Restart TV with cat5 connected or use wizard to connect wireless.

Is it only the browser you have trouble with?? The other apps work??

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi bhatwaine,

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, phone number, account number, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen.

-David T

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Sorry for the late reply. I wasnt able to test your solutions until today.

Here is what I tried today.

With the same DNS settings, I Disabled the security and rebooted the RG as well as TV

Still NO LUCK 

I am facing issue with connecting to internet for verything and not just the web browser.

Thanks

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Here is the configuration when I checked:

Settings > LAN > IP Address Allocation:

Device Status DMZ device
Firewall Disabled
Address Assignment Public (TV Settings now has Obtain IP automatically)
WAN IP Mapping Router WAN IP address (default)
Cascaded Router No

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Were you able to test with an Ethernet cable directly connected to the TV? I have been reading around and it appears that wireless signal strength causes a huge issue.

-David T

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Yes I did and that doesnt work too

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

I tried to look for any other information, but it appears you have tried just about everything. The next thing we may want to do is verify that the TV is getting any kind of connection from the U-verse router. On your TV you just want to check the network settings and see if it is getting an IP address assigned. On the router, you just want to go to http://192.168.1.254 and look at the device list and see if you see it.

If so, it may be worth trying to set the TV in DMZ or passthrough mode on the router. I wasn't sure if you tried this yet, but you may have as it says you deactived the firewall. I wasn't sure if you meant by doing this or unchecking all the boxes in the advanced firewall settings.

-David T

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Yes tried this too
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.