lucasrusch's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, March 27th, 2016 8:13 PM

Compatible modems

I just spoke with two different ATT Uverse customer service reps. The first told me that I could use my own third party modem to save the monthly service fee. All I needed to do was check the compatibility list on the ATT Uverse site, which I could not find. The second person I spoke to on the online chat told me there was no such list because only their gateways can be used. 

I was under the impression that ISPs were no longer allowed to force you to lease equipment to use their services per FCC guidance. 

My questions are:

Has anyone used a third party modem successfully with ATT Uverse that has fiber coming into the residence?

And if so, do you have any suggestions for what modem to buy and how to install it?

Thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have the same questions and was told the same, exact thing! Please help

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Wow, go AT&T. I thought that the FCC passed a law where you could use 3rd party equiptment and not be charged to rent the providers (Crappy) equitment. Sounds like will be going back to cable! Hope they file Chapter 11 soon, we just switched our mobile service last month and cancelled Uverse cable almost a year ago...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.