Chaplin0552's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, March 24th, 2014 11:17 PM

Compatible Routers

Well as of right now the modem/router i have is a 3600HGV-b and i am going to send that in to get a modem. Also i have about $300 to spend on a router. Does anyone know list of routers i can buy from the store or online that would work with ATT U-Verse ADSL+2 internet. Also whish modem is available?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

10 years ago

@Chaplin0552@  wrote:
Are they all the same? Meaning is one better than the other? ❤️ Also do i have to pay $100 just to get that modem? Sorry for all the questions.

Personally, my opinion is which one is the least worse.Smiley Wink so pick your poison.

The 2210 has a single LAN port, and no wireless. The least amount of interference with setting up your own router/WAP. Advanced setup.

The 2701 has four LAN ports, and only "G" wireless. Not a bad router, but not-so-hot wireless. You could get away with just buying a WAP (wireless access point) or setting up your router/WAP as just an access point (probably the easiest setup).

The 510 has four LAN ports, and "N" wireless. Not too bad wireless, but a buggy modem/gateway overall. Avoid if you can.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

10 years ago

@Chaplin0552@  wrote:

Well as of right now the modem/router i have is a 3600HGV-b and i am going to send that in to get a modem. Also i have about $300 to spend on a router. Does anyone know list of routers i can buy from the store or online that would work with ATT U-Verse ADSL+2 internet. Also whish modem is available?

The modems AT&T will use should be one of the three following modem/gateways:

1. Pace 2701HGV-B
  2. Motorola NVG510
  3. Motorola 2210

Any consumer grade router/WAP should work behind the modem/gateways listed above, so pick the one you want. Just don't get one with an integrated modem.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Are they all the same? Meaning is one better than the other? ❤️ Also do i have to pay $100 just to get that modem? Sorry for all the questions.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Which router should I get so that I will have UPNP? Trying to monitor security cameras remotely but UPNP is not supported by Uverse? I was told I could plug a secondary router or modem behind the uverse unit but I don't know which one to buy. I don't need wirless since the camera system is in same location of main uverse unit. Thx.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Had U-Verse installed about a week ago.  Now I have to find a way to connect my wireless Netgear 600 Router to the AT&T system to be able to access my E-Mail.  Two of four computers have no WiFi and the router will not permit setup for access to the AT&T system.  Those computers that do have WiFi receive very weak signals.  When I signed up for U-Verse it was explained that this includes Hi Def TV (to replace my Direct TV), as well as providing internet and phone service.  The phone works.  I think the TV will work!  The computers and wireless network present an entirely different situation.  I'm beginning to think that I should reinstall my Direct TV and DSL.  I have another AT&T technician coming Friday, but at an additional cost.  The original installer insists I should be able to connect using my wireless Netgear.  Both Netgear and AT&T Support insist this is impossible unless I run a long CAT 5 connection from the fiber entrance to the Netgear router.  Even trying to use the Router as a LAN for the 4 computers causes problems when the wireless Netgear is disabled.  I lose the AT&T wireless connections when I connect a computer to the wired LAN.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.