For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
savorton's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, September 4th, 2013 2:27 AM

Chromecast does not work with 5031NV router

Chromecast worked fine till I got a new router (5031NV). I believe the issue is that uPnP is not supported. How do I allow Chromecast on the new router?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Hi savorton...

Any luck on this issue? I am facing the same problem and cannot get it to work with 5031NV....any help will be greatly appreciated....

Thanks.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

All,

Just wanted to update that I went ahead and bought a second Chromecast and it worked without a hitch...so, maybe, just maybe others could be stuck with a bad device as well but would never suspect it.

I made no changes, no UPnP settings, nothing to the 5031NV router, and did not connect any other router behind or in front of it....it got set up in less than 5 minutes.

Now just wondering what to do with the defective Chromecast which is beyond the return timeline with Amazon!!

Regards...

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

I don't know what his answer was but your assumption is the reverse of what I understood about how this would work.  The Pace gateway must be placed first in the chain connected to the AT&T signal because it includes the U-verse DSL modem function at the head of the chain.  Then, if I understand what is meant by DMZ is the Pace does no fire wall function at all and relies on the UPnP router do do all of the router functions including firewall, dhcp, etc.

But I am not a network expert so I hope someone will supply a more complete set of instructions for using DMZ and a UPnP router to completely bypass all of the Pace router functions.  Or whatever it is this proposal uses to accomplish Remote Web Access for Windows Server 2012 r2 Essentials.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

notify me of replies, thanks.  erl

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.