banestrick's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, July 22nd, 2013 12:06 PM

Cannot connect smart tv to internet

Have had my samsung smart tv since December 2012 and all has worked just fine.  We just left for vacation for 10 days came home and now my tv will not connect to the internet.  All of our other devices connect to the internet just fine, so definitely a problem with the tv internet only.  We received an update form uverse while we were gone and wondering if that has something to do with it.  anyone else have this problem?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I was able to connect to Internet via iPhone'  HotSpot/T-Mobile, accessed SmartHub - Netflix, and streamed a bit of the movie, just to test.  ATT Technician came a couple days back, run some tests and told me i have great broadband connection.  So, it seems to me that issue is with Motorolla router itself and the server.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

afung49 - That sounds like a logical solution to me. Thanks for posting it. I wish I thought of it. @aviewer

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

@afung49 - that worked perfectly.  Thanks a lot!!!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

afung49 - I tried this last night, and it's worked.  thanks a lot. 

I thing there was another push from ATT later last night because my wireless suddenly crashed. Had to reset.

ATT - if you read this -  shame on you for creating this issue in first place and then not being proactive in fixing it.  Technician came and left and did nothing.  You could at least post a fix on your website

Samsung - shame on you for not being proactive in fixing this.  You knew how to fix it yet when I sent you an e-mail you reply (in two days)  was completely irrelevant. and noone contacted me as was promised.  You could at least post a fix on your website

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I have the same issue on my samsung 7000 series.  Is this something I can do on my own or do I need a tech?  What are the steps if this can be done on my own?  Thanks!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

tgrinstead - Message 12 above says change/edit the DNS server setting in the TV. In a computer this is done in the Network preferences section by overtyping and saving. Of course it is a good idea to write down the current setting just in case you want to change back.

If you post a specific model, I will see if the manual is available & I can give you anything more specific about changing the DNS. THe value 8.8.8.8. is for Google & what I use in my computer.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Aviewer

Thanks-figured it out and now I can connect to the internet (at least the connection shows as established)!  But now all of my apps are missing when I go to the smart hub and when I click on the web browser or other samsung items on the first page I just get a connecting circle and it never connects through.

Maybe I am still missing a step?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

i have had this same issue with my samsung smart tv ever since i switched my internet from cable to at&t every other device in my home would connect except my tv in living room.after countless hours on the phone with at&t and samsung blaming each other and me having to pay an additional $15.00 a month now for a service on my devices from a geek squad i do not want my problem still isnt fixed.i have just read this forum and i am going home tonight to try this fix with google 8.8.8.0 and see if it resolves my issue.if so i would love for anyone that reads this and knows anyone at at&t that i can actually speak with i would be very greatful for a phone number to call.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

mhenson2010 - I believe there is another step - You have to ID USA as the country in the TV, I will see if I can find that thread.

Found it - check out post 6 in this thread - http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Samsung-Smart-TV-and-ATT-U-verse-seem-to-have-become/m-p/3846499#M40326

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have no idea what that means. Do I need to buy a samsung usb lan adapter?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.