rpiplica's profile

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

Sunday, August 3rd, 2014 11:49 PM

Can't log on to my Pace Gateway from computers attached Asus Router.

I setup my Pace Residential Gateway with an Asus RT-AC66-U router. I only have U-Verse Internet and Phone no TV service.

Everything is working fine with the devices connect Wired and Wireless from the Asus Router. I have the Wireless turned off on the Pace Gateway and just have a small DHCP Range. The Asus is plugged into the Ethernet port of the Pace Gateway and the Internet port on the Asus Router. I have done the configuration on the Firewall page of the Pace Router as laid out in http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/U-verse-for-BUSINESS-2Wire-3600HGV-bridge-mode-or-another-AT-amp/m-p/2707755/highlight/true#M182.

I can not log into the Pace interface anymore from the machines plugged into the ASUS Router. I also can not ping the Pace Gateway 192.168.1.254 from the ASUS. The LAN network addressing on the ASUS is 192.168.1.x so I think they are on the same network. The only way I can access the Pace Gateway is to hard wire a machine into the Pace Gateway and use the 192.168.1.254 address.

It is not a huge deal but it is a pain to make any changes to the Pace Gateway. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks in advance. These forums are so helpful.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @rpiplica,

I am sorry about the issues you are having, but I can definitely help. What you want to do is change the subnet on your ASUS gateway to something different than your Pace Gateway, so something like 192.168.2.x. Unless your ASUS is in bridge mode, they are not in the same subnet. They are just using the same IP block causing any traffic from going to a 192.168.1.x network to stay inside the Asus network instead of out to the Pace router.

Hope this helps.

-David T

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

Worked like a charm. Thanks.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.