RD_S666's profile

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

Sunday, October 8th, 2017 1:31 AM

Can't host PS3 games or chat sessions online. Please help.

Not sure what topic this really goes under, but since about the middle of September, my PS3 consoles stopped allowing me to play certain games online. Specifically, I can't host game sessions. I can join other player's game sessions, I can sign into the PlayStation Network, browse the internet on the PS3, watch YouTube, etc., but I can't host co-op game sessions. I can't even host chat sessions on the PS3. It's been getting frustrating to have to tell my online friends that I can't invite them and that they have to invite me since I'm having internet problems. Every time I try hosting a game or a chat session, it takes forever to create the session and then comes back with the message "Failed to create session" or an error code/message (8002231D) "Connection to the server timed out" depending on the game. This happens with all of my Resident Evil games that have online co-op, as well as Soul Calibur V.

I have been with AT&T Uverse for several years using a wireless connection to play online games and I've never had an intermittent issue like this before. Again, this just happened abruptly around the middle of last month and it has remained this way ever since. I have a laptop that connects to the WiFi just fine.

One thing I know of is that I visited a friend's home and tested out hosting a co-op session from their ISP (They have Xfinity Comcast) and it worked perfectly!

I don't know what's been causing it, so I performed many troubleshooting steps in hopes of correcting the problem and nothing has worked.

I've contacted Sony PlayStation support about it, and after troubleshooting with them, they resolved that it was my ISP

I attempted troubleshooting with Capcom support which they also resolved was my ISP

I have tried setting up a static IP address or putting it into a DMZ.

I have attempted port forwarding.

I tried making configuration changes to the WiFi in the router via other forum posts

I have tried connecting my PS3 directly to the modem to rule out wireless interference

I have rebooted my modem.

I have even factory reset it.

I have contacted At&T technical support 3 times last month and they couldn't seem to help me. They once transferred me over to ConnecTech who only wanted me to pay them to get this issue resolved.

I tried AT&T support chat again just yesterday and they said they have detected an issue in the line, going on to say that it is related to the network and that they would send out a service technician to fix it. The technician was supposed to arrive between 4PM and 8PM, it is now going on 9:20 PM and no one has been here.

Is it possible that a line issue can simply prevent hosting online co-op sessions? Like I said, I can join other player's games, I can connect to the internet, use the YouTube XL, browse the internet and connect to the PlayStation Network just fine. I just can't host sessions. This is very annoying and I'm getting exhausted troubleshooting this every weekend I have off. It'd just be nice to enjoy my days off being able to play online.

It is my understanding that there's experts on this board that can possibly help with this problem, or can point me in the right direction for troubleshooting so I can contact AT&T support again.

Once more, I have AT&T Uverse, I have a NVG589 Arris Modem/Router, and I have two PS3 consoles that both can't host co-op game sessions online. I don't have TV or phone services through AT&T.

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

6 years ago

@brauski14@BabyDahl83   Well, regardless of what actually caused these issues, it still has taken quite a long time to get it resolved. I'm surprised after all of the back and forth communications between ourselves and AT&T that a forum was all it took to get their attention (eventually). Still, in regards to my earlier post, @ATTHelpForums's acceptance of a solution shouldn't have been assumed because not only is everyone else still experiencing this problem, but also it's going to redirect anyone new to the thread to the wrong page if when see that this thread is resolved. It's always a possibility that someone can get on the thread and because they see that the issue is solved, they'll jump directly to the page where they can read the resolution only to find out that the fixes have not been made yet and that many of us are still awaiting. That's kind of teasing, in my opinion.

Hi, @FASTBALL123  as @brauski14 has mentioned, AT&T modems (gateways) have never really supported UPnP and this is the reason it says that function is unavailable when you do an internet connection test. As proof, it says the same thing on my console when I do an internet connection test and always has before these game hosting issues ever started. There have been complaints that the Share Play hosting function does not currently work for PlayStation 4, but if I remember correctly, game hosting is still available. As I understand it, @ATTHelpForums is not accepting any more private messages for individual cases on this thread. It may or may not do you any good to try contacting AT&T via phone or support chat, but it doesn't hurt to try, I guess.

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

6 years ago

Hey everyone, I know I just made a post a few minutes ago, but guess what?

I can host games and text chats again! I think everyone should just turn on their consoles when they get the chance and try theirs out to see if their issue has been fixed. I wasn't expecting this at all! I just attempted the text chat, as usual, and like a  miracle of all miracles--it worked! I immediately got on a Resident Evil game and attempted to host and it, too, worked like a charm! Finally!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I just tried as well and I am now able to host games.  I've lost track of what all was done, but what was exactly determined to be the problem?  I'm pretty angry at this because all of the support calls that I made to ATT got me nowhere, and they constantly tried to get me to have an engineer come out, change my modem/router, or pay for advanced tech support.  Fortunately I am in IT and was fairly confident the problem was on their side, due to all the troubleshooting I did.  None of the managers I spoke to wanted to read this thread, saying they "don't have access to read it".  Lazy!  Either way, enough of us complained and someone actually ended up listening.  Good job guys!

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

6 years ago

@ATTHelpForums Seems there is a lesson to be learned here maybe AT&T needs to set up a database, the tech support both the ones we call and the ones online, can do a search real quick and see if there are multiple complaints on one issue. I believe it would have helped get this done sooner, and the support personnel need to be able to deviate from the script they are tied to. I knew my gateway was fine but they insisted on sending a new one, that was an unnecessary expense to AT&T, and how many were replaced because of this issue. I understand the forums are sort of a data base for them to refer to but if they wont look at it doesn't do much good. I did not have that issue with support most did look at the forum but may not have cared to read enough to see the problem was not going to be fixed by re boot, replace ect... that most individual's problem are usually solved by. 

@fightgamefreak We may never know what was done to resolve the issue. But as for most of the support personnel I dealt with they did the best they could and even looked at the forum. I always pushed politely for a supervisor and the last two I talked to on the phone did send an escalated ticket up the food chain, but I am not sure what good it did. Of course after the first online session I had figured out what advanced tech was all about (money) so I learned to stop the support in their tracks and get them on to trying to solve the problem internally.

@RD_S666 I am glad you can once again use your internet to its full extent, wish it had not taken so long, but now its fixed until the next time a line of code is changed LOL  But a big thank you for starting this topic I had searched PSN and posted there to no avail until (big thank you to user2009) contacted me on PS3 and told me of this forum.

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Yay! I would now say it is solved. Thank you at&t and Happy Holidays everyone!

Mentor

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

I just wanted to confirm that all of my PS3 games are working correctly! I'm located in central Ohio, so it looks like the network-wide changes were completed successfully.  Thank you, @ATTHelpForums & @ATTCares for getting this resolved. And thank you to everyone who made productive posts in this thread - this wouldn't have been fixed without the collective effort of everyone.

I guess I'll keep my AT&T service now Smiley Wink

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I’ll be darned,,,, It works!!!!  The day after I buy a new PS3... lol

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

6 years ago

I agree with @bwall310's post, without everyone's collective effort, this most likely wouldn't have been fixed. Thanks, @bwall310 for putting it this way. I couldn't have said it any better.

@brauski14Glad I was able to get everyone here somehow. You've been such a major support throughout this thread and I wanted to thank you in return. Fingers crossed this never happens again!

A big thank you to @ATTHelpForums David CS for working with us and getting through to those within AT&T that ultimately helped save the world of PS3 online gaming for us. He deserves a round of applause as well.

Happy Holidays to you all and happy gaming! Smiley Very Happy

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

The fix worked!! Now my brother can host Share play sessions. Thanks for this forum guys. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Yay!!! It is working I can host thanks to everyone
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.