plainnpretty's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, May 11th, 2014 4:54 PM

Can't find router programming home security system Samsung SDR-5100N w/uverse

I have a Samsung SDR-5100N security system and can't program it to access past the Uverse firewall.  My connection mode is all "connected" but the DDNS keeps saying can't find router.  I pinhole accessed the ports but it still doesn't work.

Any help?  Can post whatever screenshots needed

Thank you,

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @plainnpretty,

I apologize for the issues you are having with your security sytem DVR. Is it possible to access it without using DDNS to see if you can access it via IP? Also, one thing I have noticed is that the port settings set usually do not apply to cell phone apps, so if you are using a cell phone to access the DVR, is it possible to do it through a computer to test it?

-David T

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I tried accessing through computer and not through DDNS - could not access via IP.  I have actually only been trying through the computer.

Thank you,

Demea Loyd

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi Demea,

Have you tried setting it up in passthrough or DMZ mode?

To do so:

For the NVG Series Modem

For the 2wire Series Modem

-David T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I'm having the same issue and with no success of any mentioned options in this thread.  Was anyone able to successfully get this connected?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have a SDR-C75300 and I am having similar problems. However my current research has isolated the problem to be mostly WAN oriented.

If you have install the Smartviewer that Samsung provides, you can see everything pretty good and similar to the direct connect on your LAN; it will fairly auto detect and locate local IP addresses. As far as LAN connect via IP address with Browsers, I've had 2 different discoveries: Google Chrome needs to have the SilverLight add-on, but no longer supports it due to security issues; Microsoft Explorer on ther other hand needs to have SetupWebViewer.cab add-on installed and works fairly well - you get the Log-On screen, and when you login, you see everything like with the SmartViewer, but you can't see the cameras - I suspect it has something to do with the 4500 ports associated with the camera info. As for the DVR instructed configurations, it connects to the LAN OK with DHCP as well as auto DNS through the Uverse Motorola NVG589. But after registering on the Samsung Ipolis site with your product ID, then setting the DVR to the Ipolis URL via the DDNS settings with quick connect, it can't find the Router. Other documentation suggestes UPnP is needed (Universal Plug n Play), but due to security reasons most Routers don't support it. I tried to contact Samsung Tech Support, but they are not open right now, so I guess I am on hold. Hope to find a solution soon.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

8 years ago

If you cannot manually open/forward the required ports and you must go to UPnP, then you'd have to get your own router that has that capability and place it between your U-verse Gateway and your security system.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Even after port forwarding. When i try to quick connect it says "failed to find router". I tried to check canyouseeme.org the required ports are open. Can anyone please help?

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

7 years ago

I have the Samsung SDR-C75300 and these are the steps I got everything to work with the Arris BGW210-700 and IP Passthrough.  Keep in mind the router information will be different to enable IP Passthrough on the Pace models (I think it’s DMZ mode).  I didn’t use a second router in this setup. 

1. Log into the U-verse gateway http://192.168.1.254
  2. Navigate to Firewall > IP Passthrough (you may have to login with the admin password on the label of the router)
  3. I set the following settings
    1. Allocation Mode “Passthrough”
    2. Passthrough Mode “DHCPS-fixed”
    3. Passthrough Fixed MAC Address – Choose the Samsung Mac address from the device list. It’s on the label of the Samsung DVR.
    4. Hit “Save”
    5. If you have anything in the firewall for port forwarding for the Samsung DVR you can disable the rules as they aren’t needed.
  4. Go to your Samsung security system that’s connected to a TV.
    1. Use the mouse and right click and select “Main Menu” you may have to login with the admin account.
    2. Navigate to “Network”
    3. Select “Connection Mode”
    4. Under IP type I had to toggle to static then to DHCP to force the Samsung to get the public IP address from the gateway IP passthrough setting.
    5. Hit “OK” if successful the DVR will do a connection test and say Connected Successfully.
    6. Hit “Ok” on the connection test dialog and go back into Connection Mode to verify the IP address is your public IP of the U-verse connection. It should match what you see under Broadband > Status > Broadband IPv4 Address when you log into the gateway.
    7. I also set DNS to Manual and use google DNS 8.8.8.8
    8. Click the “Port” tab. The settings I have are
      1. Protocol Type “UDP”
      2. Device Port “4520-4524”
      3. UDP Port “8000~8160”
      4. Unicast/Multicast “UDP-Unicast”
      5. HTTP Port “80”
    9. Hit “OK”

You should now be able to navigate to the samsungipolis DDNS site to view your dvr in Internet Explorer. Another way to view it on the PC is the use the Samsung Smart Viewer app which you can download at the link below https://www.hanwhasecurity.com/products/software/network-software/network-software/smart-viewer.html

For the iPolis App

1. Click on Setup
  2. Click Device List
  3. Click the Plus sign to add.
  4. Name – You choose the name
  5. Model – Select “DVR” and hit “Save”
  6. Address Type select “DDNS”
  7. DDNS – Enter your DDNS name after ddns.hanwha-security.com/
  8. RTSP Port – Enter “4524”
  9. ID – Id you created on the Samsung DVR
  10. Password – Password you created on the Samsung DVR
  11. If successful you will get a list of cameras on your system, tap to uncheck the ones you don’t want to see.
  12. Hit “OK”
  13. Navigate to the Live tab and select your cameras to view. If successfully setup you should be able to see them inside and outside the U-verse network.

Hope this helps!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Maybe a dumb question, but would I plug the second router in one of the standard ports or would it have to be the broadband or dsl broadband port?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.