Can I have 2 of the same U- Verse modems but only use one at a time, sort of like a back up modem?

Contributor

Can I have 2 of the same U- Verse modems but only use one at a time, sort of like a back up modem?

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Master

Re: Can I have 2 of the same U- Verse modems but only use one at a time, sort of like a back up mode

No
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Re: Can I have 2 of the same U- Verse modems but only use one at a time, sort of like a back up mode

Could you explain why?

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Master

The same reason you can't have more than one account per address.  You can't have more than one DVR per address/account either. 

One residence = one account = one RG* and/or one DVR.

*Uverse calls it a "Residential Gateway" and not a modem. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support