Can I have 2 of the same U- Verse modems but only use one at a time, sort of like a back up modem?

Highlighted
Contributor

Can I have 2 of the same U- Verse modems but only use one at a time, sort of like a back up modem?

Message 1 of 4 (2,158 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Can I have 2 of the same U- Verse modems but only use one at a time, sort of like a back up mode

No
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (2,141 Views)
Contributor

Re: Can I have 2 of the same U- Verse modems but only use one at a time, sort of like a back up mode

Could you explain why?

Message 3 of 4 (2,116 Views)
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by ATTDelia (Employee)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

The same reason you can't have more than one account per address.  You can't have more than one DVR per address/account either. 

One residence = one account = one RG* and/or one DVR.

*Uverse calls it a "Residential Gateway" and not a modem. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (2,105 Views)