For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
erick_m's profile

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Tuesday, January 15th, 2013 8:33 PM

Can I change the password on my U-verse 2Wire/Pace Gateway?

Can I change the password on my u-verse (2-Wire) modem?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

*To change your Wi-Fi Password on NVG please go here

To change your Wi-Fi Password on 2Wire/Pace follow these steps:

title.jpgimage.jpg

1. Start by going to http://192.168.1.254
    Note: you may be required to enter your Device Access Code in order to continue. The default Device Access Code can be found on the side of your gateway (this is not the same as your Wi-Fi password).
  2. Go to Settings > LAN > Wi-Fi
  3. Scroll down to User Network
    • Changes can be made to your Wi-Fi name under Network Name (SSID)
    • Changes can be made to your password under Wi-Fi Password
  4. Save all changes made to your device

Get more details on How to Change your Password on another specific modem/gateway.

-ATTU-verseCare

2 Attachments

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

When I follow these instructions it does not give me the option fo selecting a new password.  It asks for my current one, which I've never set so I don't know what it is and the hints give me no help.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

10 years ago

Your password should be on the side of the Residential Gateway.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Ok, so what if this isn't working for me? I enter "192.168.1.254" in my navigation bar, it takes a minute, then a message pops up telling me that chrome can't find the webpage. I thought it was an issue with chrome, so I tried it in the latest version of IE and it didn't work then, either. Another forum I visited told me to visit "gateway.2wire.net" and I got the same response for both browsers. I accessed the gateway a few weeks ago to change the password and it worked like a charm then. Now that I go about the process following the same steps I'm getting nothing. Is there something I'm doing wrong? 

If it's relevant, the machine I'm using is directly connected to the modem and I'm using Windows home 7. As previously stated, I used both chrome and IE to try to fix this. 
Any help is appreciated, thanks. 

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

10 years ago

So are you typing "192.168.1.254" into your address bar at the top of the page rather than a search bar? I just copied/pasted it into my address bar and takes me right to "Home, Services, Settings, Site Map". I'm using Firefox, rather than Chrome or IE, but you may want to give it a try again.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

This would be great if it was accurate.......is there nothing more up to date?  There is no "settings" tab at the top of the 192.......page.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I finally found it Katlin
ARCHIE - black & white & loved all over!
*People who hate skunks will come back as a grub in their next life*
Meet my Mephs![edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

but if I set it to the WPA PSK, my laptop will not connect to it.  Just says, cannot connect to this network and doesn't even give me the option to enter the key.  I'm just about tired of AT&T....

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I have the same problem, once I change to WPA-PSK, both of my laptop can not connect!?

can anyone help?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

Sounds like you are in the auto connect mode on an app on your devices & they cannot connect because the password is different.

You need to go into preferences/network & reconnect the computer manually to the network. This process should give you the opportunity to enter the new password. Then network access is available at the app level.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.