Jrue`'s profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, January 3rd, 2013 4:52 AM

Call of Duty Wii-U

Hey everybody! Recently I have been playing Call of Duty Black Ops2 and I play online with other players. Sadly, I am cursed with At&t DSL. So I play online and when nobody else is using the internet it is really good, there is little to no latency and I enjoy it. When other people get on the internet it lags so badly it is unplayable and is so frustrating. We have had this router/modem for about 1 3/4 years. When we first got it, my brother and I could both play on our online game systems.  with no disconnections or issues. No ever since like March it has been acting up making it impossible to play 2 devices at once. Should we get new modems/ routers, or is it a technical thing? Please feel free to ask questions.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

Jrue,

Hello and welcome. When you say other people are on the internet what are they doing when online. If they are streaming video while you two are playing Xbox live there could be latency. Is it possible to borrow a friend's modem to try out, and if it helps buy one for yourself?

I have also included a link where you can test your DSL speeds to make sure everything is up to par.

DSL Speedtest

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

11 years ago

AT&T has gradually been degrading the service of their DSL customers. Sadly, if you want to have even just 2 devices running on the same network you're out of luck, and both will cause the other to have tremendous lag spikes.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.