Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Broadband light flashing red...

Highlighted
Contributor

Broadband light flashing red...

We had a thunderstorm in our area earlier today 4pm and our lights flickered off then back on for a couple seconds... Since then we haven't had any service. (tv,internet & phone) We have reset the gateway several times (unplug for a minute and plug it back up) and all we get is a flashing red light on "Broadband" please help
Message 1 of 7
Expert

Re: Broadband light flashing red...

Call 1-800-288-2020 and have them check the line and probably will setup a tech visit as something is not connecting properly.  Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATTUverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 2 of 7
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by BridgettB
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

You need to schedule a service call, tech visit... Call 1-800-288-2020 OR chat OR download myatt app to your smart phone (if have one), sign into your att account using art eemail/password you created and run the Troubleshoot Resolve Tool, an issue found will create a service ticket.

A near strike may have blown the gel protector at the NID, or a tree limb may have snapped a wire providing your service, etc. This is beyond anything you can do other than get a dispatch ticket created.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 7
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by ATTU-verseCare
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

­

Troubleshooting your U-verse Connection

Check your Connections

Ensure all cables and cords are connected properly and securely and there are no frays or tears in the cable. With the U-verse connection, there are 3 different types of connections.

1. Ethernet - Used if you have an ONT (Optical Network Terminal). Make sure the cable is securely connected in the Red port of your U-verse Gateway.
  2. Data Cable - The most common connection type. Usually it will be a green cable, but it can be any RJ11 phone cable, but we suggest using the U-verse provided one.
  3. Coax - A standard coax cable, usually RG6.

Troubleshoot & Resolve Tool

Run the troubleshoot & Resolve Tool. The tool allows you to troubleshoot most U-verse issues via your home computer or in the palm of your hand! If there are any issues in your area, our APP will let you know as well!

1. You can find the online version here.
  2. There is also a mobile version that you can find in the app store: myAT&T app.

If the previous steps have been exhausted and the broadband light is still blinking, please send a private message with your account number and contact details to ATTU-verseCare for further assistance. If you are not a member of the U-verse community forums, we welcome you to register and reach out to us.

-ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 7
Contributor

All lights flashing on att modem

All of the lights on my DSL modem (red and green) have started flashing. I have no wireless connection and I've tried unplugging and it immediately starts to flash after I plug it back, it doesn't even try to connect. I've never had this happen before. What can I do?
Message 5 of 7
Contributor

Happened to us also after a storm and techs came out to fix
Message 6 of 7

My broadband 1 is Red but my Broadband 2 is Green. I do have internet currently ! Would you still recomment rebooting my modem ?

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support