Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Best Modem/Router for ATT Fiber

Best Modem/Router for ATT Fiber

I am new to ATT fiber and I got the internet 1000 plan. The technician installed a modem/router: ARRIS BGW210-700. Personally, I switched from Comcast and ARRIS is known as complete garbage over there. Can anyone recommend me a WAY better modem/router than this garbage? 

Message 1 of 5
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by mienhmario
‎03-13-2019 4:32 PM

Re: Best Modem/Router for ATT Fiber

You have to have an ATT gateway to authorize account. You may place your own device behind the gateway.

For dual band gateways, used for fiber and most all other 25M internet or above.

The 2015 summer releases of either Arris 599 or Pace 5268. Or the summer 2017 released BGW 210-700 using a DirecTv 210-100 power supply.

Depending on gateway installed either using DMZ or IP Passthrough if desire your equipment to be more than WAP.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5

So there is no other way to get a third party modem w/router for fiber connections?

i want to avoid putting a router behind att fiber modem...jus a single third party equipment that does both modem/router for fiber connections. 

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert

No.  The att gateway has authentication firmware which is required.  There's probably other special firmware as well but att never documents their stuff.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

You can use the pass through method (google that with the arris model name) and it works fine as it public faces your own router to the internet.  One big drawback is that using this modem limits you to 8192 total sessions on your nat table.  In a soho or extra large family this could cause an issue.  Work arounds I found here and a more in depth explanation of the issue.   https://geekzweb.com/2019/06/10/bypassing-arris-bgw210-700-pfsense-netgraph/

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support