Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Belkin battery with ATT Uverse 5268AC(FXN) WiFi Gateway Replacement

Belkin battery with ATT Uverse 5268AC(FXN) WiFi Gateway Replacement

After some internet trouble I was sent an ATT Uverse 5268AC(FXN) WiFi Gateway Replacement and now it is time to return the old equipment, a 2 Wire3800HGV-B and its power supply.

At some point I got a Belkin Battery Back-up Unit and the 2Wire unit was connected to it.

Question 1:

I found a Cisco 30W power adapter in my chargers and cables drawer which I think is the unit that came with the 2Wire but I'm looking for confirmation on that point.

Question 2:

Can I use the new WiFi Gateway unit with the Belkin Battery Back-Up?

Thanks for your attention.

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: Belkin battery with ATT Uverse 5268AC(FXN) WiFi Gateway Replacement

According to THIS , the 5268AC has an internal BBU.

"If your Wi-Fi gateway has a slot for an internal battery like the Pace 5268AC or Arris NVG589 and NVG599, you have the option to purchase an internal battery backup."

I do not believe that the old external BBU can be used.  Unfortunately, it cannot be returned when you return the old modem.  You'll need to find somewhere to dispose of it.  I took mine to a Batteries Plus store.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7

Thanks for your help on the battery backup unit.  With regard to the power supply I found this information:

"Genuine Cisco AT&T Uverse 30w Cable Box AC Adapter Compatible Part Numbers: 1010533, 2103-30212025R, ADS0361-U120250"

I used to have Uverse TV with a DVR and that "cable box" language makes me wonder if the power adapter I found went with it rather than the 2Wire gateway.

Message 3 of 7
ACE - Expert

You might want to take any thing in question with you to the UPS store.  They maybe can identify the cords and adapters.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Larry Roberts
‎06-26-2017 5:40 PM

Gateway "brick" power supply should be 36w (12v*3amp).

The older Uverse receivers use a 30w (12v*2.5amp) power supply.

Concerning the Belkin... Black or gray model?

I would not use the black unit, if have the gray Verizon "B"

2WIRE was bought out by PACE thus the power connection should work for the 5268.

May want to purchase a new battery (about $40) for the Belkin if desire to use it.

The Belkin is yours, may use or dispose of, the company does not want them. 

If you have the Motorola/Arris models 589 or 599 do not use the Belkin, the power adapter does not fit snuggly and can result in intermittent power losses where the gateway reboots. If falls out all together (rare) you have no power, all lights off on gateway.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 7

Thanks, the brick I found is indeed 30W, 12V, 2.5A.  I'm going to declare victory and move on.

Message 6 of 7
Contributor

I need power cord for model 5268

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support