thinkingthought's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, May 3rd, 2011 4:12 PM

Been trying to open ports on my Uverse 3800HGV-B router, yet not working it seems

I've spent the better part of a few hours learning how to port forward on my Uverse 3800 HGV-B router, and I really think I'm doing everything correctly.

Except.... that it's not working. 

I went into Settings>Firewall>Apps,Pinholes,DMZ and then selected my Mac. I added a user-defined application that opens port 16000 UDP so I can host on the gaming service GameRanger, and saved it.

I then went to a number of sites (canyouseeme.org, yougetsignal.com) and then typed in port 16000, but the connection either times out on the former, and on the latter it says that the port is closed. I have no firewall on my computer.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I feel like I hit a brick wall.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

13 years ago

• 

25.7K Messages

13 years ago

Check this thread where Somejoe7777 helped me set up a pin hole for a security camera.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Help-with-programming-a-pin-hole-in-the-RG/td-p/2659571

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

13 years ago

Hmmm, everything there seems correct. Your solution involved changing the 100 to 192 in the IP address. Where do I do that?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

13 years ago

screenshotCool! Okay, here is what I did.

GameRanger only uses UDP port 16000, so I changed a couple things in this list.

1.    Open a web browser, browse to the URL of your U-Verse Residential Gateway http://192.168.1.254

2.    Click the Settings tab at the top.
3.    Click the Firewall label in the second row of tabs.
4.    Click the Applications, Pinholes, and DMZ label in the third row of tabs.
5.    Click on the security camera's name or IP address under section (1).
6.    Click the Allow Individual Applications button under section (2).
7.    Click the Add a New User-Defined Application button.
8.    For the Application Profile Name, type "GameRanger".
9.    For the protocol, select UDP.
10.    Type 16000 in both the Port From and To fields.
11.    Leave the Protocol Timeout and Map to Host Port fields blank.  Leave the Application Type pull-down menu set to the default (none selected).
12.    Click the Add To List button.  Your custom port entry will appear in the Definition List below.
13.    Click the Back button.
14.    Re-select the computer's name or IP address under section (1).
15.    Click the Allow Individual Applications button under section (2).
16.    Click GameRanger in the Application list.
17.    Click the Add button.  The GameRanger custom application will now be listed in the Hosted Applications list.
18.    Click the Save button at the bottom.
19.    You are finished with the configuration. 

Let me test this and see how it worked!

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

13 years ago

What am I doing wrong.... 😞 . Do I need to reboot the router? Restart my computer? Something else?

shot2.jpg

1 Attachment

• 

25.7K Messages

13 years ago

No need to reboot....at least I didn't have to.  Maybe SJ7777 will stop in to assist you.  I followed his instructions and it worked for me.  I am not the expert on this by any means so I have nothing else I can do to help you.  SorrySmiley Sad

• 

25.7K Messages

13 years ago

You can also try PM'ing SJ7777 here and see if he responds back.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

13 years ago

Which web site is shown there that you're using to test whether the port is open?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

13 years ago

Yougetsignal.com

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

13 years ago

It looks like the YouGetSignal.com site will only scan for TCP ports, not UDP ports.

This is not surprising, since UDP is much harder to port scan.  You have to know something about the application your're scanning for when scanning for UDP, since only then can you guarantee you will get return traffic.

I suggest you simply try to host a game on the game server and see if it works.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.