Feebeegee's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, December 2nd, 2018 4:24 PM

Battery backup

How can I learn whether my ATT internet equipment includes a battery backup and where that back up would be located? Does ATT have a record of where equipment is installed in my home? There is a beeping sound in my basement, 5 beeps every 30 seconds, and I cannot find where it’s coming from. Research on line suggested it may be a low battery warning. It is not the smoke detector and in an all electric house we have no CO detectors. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

5 years ago

The 5268AC has an internal battery that the customer must replace. 

https://arris.secure.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/Pace-5268AC-Battery

But be aware that the BBU works ONLY for VOIP (Phone) and will not keep your internet going so if you don't have VOIP, there's no reason to replace it.

If you find that the sound is coming from the modem, try removing the dead battery.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

5 years ago

Since it's attached to the gateway it would have to be near it..that is depending on which RG you have.  Which RG do you have?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks. I don’t see one but will keep checking.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

5 years ago

Some provided gateways have an external BBU, some have internal BBU and some have no BBU.  In the 11 years I've had AT&T, I've had all three at one time.

That's why I asked which gateway you have.  If you have the kind that provides NO BBU, you can eliminate the ATT equipment.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I appreciate your response. It's the Pace 5268AC. The device information on my ATT account says "A/C power. no battery". Does that mean there is not back up battery, or that there is a battery that needs replaced? Thanks.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Very helpful! Thank you. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.