Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Battery backup

Tutor

Battery backup

How can I learn whether my ATT internet equipment includes a battery backup and where that back up would be located? Does ATT have a record of where equipment is installed in my home? There is a beeping sound in my basement, 5 beeps every 30 seconds, and I cannot find where it’s coming from. Research on line suggested it may be a low battery warning. It is not the smoke detector and in an all electric house we have no CO detectors. 

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Since it's attached to the gateway it would have to be near it..that is depending on which RG you have.  Which RG do you have?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Tutor

Thanks. I don’t see one but will keep checking.
Message 3 of 7
ACE - Expert

Some provided gateways have an external BBU, some have internal BBU and some have no BBU.  In the 11 years I've had AT&T, I've had all three at one time.

That's why I asked which gateway you have.  If you have the kind that provides NO BBU, you can eliminate the ATT equipment.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7
Tutor

I appreciate your response. It's the Pace 5268AC. The device information on my ATT account says "A/C power. no battery". Does that mean there is not back up battery, or that there is a battery that needs replaced? Thanks.
Message 5 of 7
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Feebeegee
‎12-02-2018 12:28 PM

The 5268AC has an internal battery that the customer must replace. 

https://arris.secure.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/Pace-5268AC-Battery

But be aware that the BBU works ONLY for VOIP (Phone) and will not keep your internet going so if you don't have VOIP, there's no reason to replace it.

If you find that the sound is coming from the modem, try removing the dead battery.

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Tutor

Very helpful! Thank you. 

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support