Explore & discover

Helpful Links

BGW210 WPS disabling

BGW210 WPS disabling

I just got the bgw210 modem/router and can not find where to disable wps so I can use mac filtering. Help please?

Message 1 of 6
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by TheNightowl
‎12-30-2017 6:35 PM

Re: BGW210 WPS disabling

I found it.

They spelled it out as I was looking for "wps". Its right below the "confirm password" box in "Home Network" > "Wi-Fi" Smiley Embarassed

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6

well ---- that's not really the full solution according to the error message I'm getting.

I'm looking how to disable WPS on a specific MAC address because of the below error "suggestion"

I went to black list a MAC address but get this error when I press SAVE:

You must disable WPS on an SSID in order to use MAC address filtering on that SSID

How do I do that ??
If you were successful in filtering out specific MAC address can you send me steps / screen-shots please?

Thanks, Jim
Message 3 of 6

I assume it would be the same way I did it, except I only allow certain mac's to come in and all other mac's can't.

If I remember right, you can do it either way by going to the page in the modem/router I stated above. Disable mac filtering, then click the block button, then put the mac in, then hit save.

But I think you have to leave wps disabled afterwards.

In the meantime I will try to find my password again and take a lookSmiley Embarassed

Message 4 of 6

My son - a real wiz kid proposes a different solution.

Navigate to FIREWALL then PACKET FILTER

Scroll to the bottom and select ADD A DROP RULE

AddDropRule.jpg

Then ADD MATCH and enter the MAC address.

You've successfully blocked MAC addresses from your Wi-Fi router.

AddDropRule2.jpg

Message 5 of 6
Contributor

Go to Home Network tab > Wifi Tab > Click "Advanced Options" > then look for "Wi-Fi Protected Setup," set dropdown box to "off" > Save Changes.  

Disable WPS.jpg

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support