For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
jkazi8482's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, August 8th, 2018 3:06 AM

BGW210-700 port forwarding stops

Hello,

I am so frustrated with this firmware update or whatever caused this issue. My port forwarding was working properly then it came to a point where I had to restart my modem in order for the port forward to work.

I HATE having to reset my modem every 2/3 hours. PLEASE PLEASE fix this.

Thank you for your help. 

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

If you have the BGW210, try this it worked for me,  go into firewall: advanced firewall, turn everything off. Then go to Diagnostics: resets, and do the Restart. I'm not sure if it's necessary but I turned off the packet filter as well.

EDIT: forget it, problem returned later in the day.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

Well, AT&T sent a tech out with a brand new BGW210-700 in a sealed box. It was installed (transplanted) in a few minutes. I asked the tech to check the firmware version in this one and he did. It was firmware version1.5.12. He then left and everything worked perfectly well for 47 hours. Then, problems started showing up. U-verse video freezing and high intermittency of U-verse signal lost (occurring every 30 to 58 minute intervals and recovering on its own every 30 to 50 second intervals). Also, the Port Forwarding stopped. NAT would not work. IP Passthrough no longer worked. Checked Firmware Version and it was 1.6.7 once again (as this happened to previously replaced BGW210-700 RG's). So, AT&T force-pushed another 'corrupted' firmware update to this one as well. I then tested the act of 'Restart' under Device and Diagnostics. All would be corrected for about 30 to 45 minutes and then all the problematic symptoms returned.

Mentor

• 

22 Messages

6 years ago

There is solution with the buggy firmware. Either you wait for a firmware fix or you buy a router and use passthrough on the bgw210.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I saw in another post that you can request this Router 5268AC. It may work. I'm having the same issue with my game server my friends play on.  I restarted the router and in ten minutes it had stopped working. Going to try IP PassThrough or will this BGW210-700 do the same to that as well.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Seeing a lot of post on this problem, on my  BGW210-700, the port forward was working perfectly up until first of August, kept turning off port forward after a restart. Called service and they sent new BGW210-700 couple days ago, did fine for about 24 hours, this one is doing the same thing.  Port Forward shut off after restart. Must be a problem with a firm ware update.  Need this fixed, this is ridiculous, hope AT&T has a plan, anyone heard if they do???

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Yes it is a problem caused by a firmware update. My issue was resolved by
changing to a 2-Wire 5268a router which I feel is not as fast as the
BGW210-700 was but does not have the port forwarding problem.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I've been having the same issue. I think I've got a temporary "fix". I noticed if there is a constant connection through the firewall, it won't break port forwarding. So want I've done is started a SSH connection using the external IP address port forwarded into a computer I have running on my network. I assume if you do something similar (contstant connection that uses port fowarding) it might work. So far port forwarding has been working for over 12 hours without an issues when it usually breaks within an hour or so. I really hope AT&T fixes this soon. 

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

Call up and request a different model modem is only solution so far.

Associated Member

• 

248 Messages

6 years ago

Call in, ask them to replace it, as far as I'm aware none of the drop-shipped BGW210s will have the broken firmware on it

Mentor

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

I did this and it's caused more problems. Phone line does not work with updated firmware. Various devices are not communicating with one another. Don't know if I'd recommend doing this.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.