BarefootUser's profile

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, December 21st, 2017 11:53 PM

Closed

BGW210-700 Constant Connect/Reconnect

Recently had AT&T come out for new installation. Used existing router and was having sporadic issues until it died about 2 weeks later. Yesterday, technician installed new BGW210-700, however, since installation, we are constantly being disconnected and reconnected using wifi. 

I have tried several different channels avoiding those used around me, have also changed from 2.4 Ghz to 5.Ghz with same issue. We never had this issue with the older router even when the speed was flaky just recently and even at previous home in 9 years.

Have tried rebooting router, rebooting devices, forgetting networks on devices and setting up again.

Any recommendations or suggestions?

Thanks

Scholar

• 

150 Messages

6 years ago

LOL, there are no supervisors in AT&T's tech support from what I've seen. Anyway, this is no longer a problem, I bought a router, it's paid for and my wifi is the best it's been ever.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Even with my own wifi access point (ASUS) behind the BGW210, my internet speeds would go down to 1MB and then up to 25mb or stop.  I called and a tech came out. Two days ago  I got the Arris 5268AC which he was able to find one in the office. He admitted problems with the BGW210 in the past 2 weeks of installations.  I have shut the ASUS down and no problems for 48h straight. Smiley Surprised

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Everyone experiencing the 2.4 GHz radio dropping signals, and who also has a Chromecast, may want to check to see if the "guest mode" in Chromecast is enabled.  That was my problem.  Using Wifi Analyzer I saw that there was a signal interfering with the 2.4 GHz signal on the router and followed it around no matter what channel the router  was using. It turn out it was Chromecast in guest mode.  I got into the Chromecast settings using Google Home on my Android phone, disabled guest mode, and I have not had to reset the modem for 24 hours now (I was resetting it 3-4 times a day).  

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for that tip. We actually have two of them so will def check that
out.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

BGW210-700 Constant Connect/Reconnect Issue

Berkeley, CA

Laptop OS Win 10 Build 17.063 64-Bit Connection  Ethernet Cable

Chrome Vers 65.0.3320.2 (Official Build) canary (64-bit)

ChromeCast 2nd Gen

Amazon Fire Stick

Two Phones

I too am having the same issues and believe it's either BGW210 bug issue and or a Chromecast 2nd gen device is network crashes / killing Wifi causing BGW210 to reboot, connect / reconnect broadband multiple times throughout the days. My BGW210 is brand new less than 30 days old. BGW210 at times Broadband will droop other times wifi droops even on other devices such as cell phone that's less than 8 ft away from BGW210. The old AT&T  5268AC Router crapped out but prior to that I never had any connectivity issues for 2 years straight. * Note connectivity issues first started with the old 5268AC.

Model Number

BGW210-700

Serial Number

Software Version

- I've reboot my BGW210, and that doesn't really help.

- I've factory reset my BGW210, and that and that doesn't really help

- I've changed the channels that the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands are on that didn't help.

It seems that the BGW210-700 is a poorly made piece of equipment.

5 AT&T technicians have come out to the house inside and outside-line techs.

Inside techs gave me new BGW210, switched the loop pair and re-terminated inside wall jack data port.The outside line tech Re-terminated the NID and said outside line was really clear as the our house is very close to the U Verse utility box and telephone utility box is less than 500 ft away.

Errors:

Error NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID "Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information fromwww.google.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).Learn more"   A resource link may help others Fix Your Connection Is Not Private Error In Google Chrome https://usefulpcguide.com/16666/your-connection-is-not-private/Capture your connection is nt private.PNGError NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID "Your connection is not private Attackers might be trying to steal your information fromwww.google.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).Learn more" A resource link may help others Fix Your Connection Is Not Private Error In Google Chrome https://usefulpcguide.com/16666/your-connection-is-not-private/

Capture Authentication Fail PNG.PNGError Capture IEEE 802.1X Authentication FailCapture Authentication.PNGDiagnostic Error AuthenticationError IP Diagnostics AT&T BGW210-700 DSL Failed to Connect NAD-3305.jpgError IP Diagnostics AT&T BGW210-700 DSL Failed to Connect NAD-3305

4 Attachments

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Had all same issues.  Found an old Netgear router, set up the wifi, and devices that were constantly disconnecting, suddenly worked just fine.  Definitely problems with the radio (and I had only 2.5GHZ on) on the BGW, much better but still drops. Going to a new AP and disconnecting the last radio on the Router.  Seems much easier, aside from investing in an AP, I assume eventually ATT will fix the router via firmware update if possible.  Ridiculous to have to do this, but worse to deal with support and disconnects

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I have a first gen Chromecast and my guest mode was on. It's not needed so there was no harm in shutting it off. I haven't had to reset my BGW210-700 since... Anecdotal, but so far it's worked (fingers crossed.)  I was having to reset my modem daily to get my devices back online. Thanks for the tip.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

6 years ago

There's another thread within this forum that points to an article over on 9to5Google.  In it, Google basically admits fault.  I can't afford the network outages, so I've banished all my CCs for the time-being.  I do not believe the issue is limited to the BGW device.  I have an NVG 599 and have experienced a rash of intermittent issues for several months.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks I have seen.  However, TP-Link already provides a beta firmware update.  So in fact the routers are not able to handle the data bursts.   Interesting.  I do have lots of Chromecast and home devices, however, never had these problems until the router changed to the BGW.  (except on a Nexus 6)

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I suspect your signal enhancer/extender was what address the issue.  I am sure your 2.4 Ghz network connects are using this instead of the BGW210-700 directly.  I also suspect the signal enhancer/extender uses a wired connection so your BGW210-700 is doing little work itself managing the Wifi connections.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.