For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Kris007's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, August 29th, 2018 12:47 AM

BGW-201 / LinkSYS/ Open VPN as 2nd network

Hi All

I am trying to build a seperate network using my Linksys. I installed dd-wrt. Followed the steps give by NordVPN. 

I was able to access internet using my 2nd network, but however VPN is not working. Wondering what important step i am missing which is not allowing my VPN to work?

Thanks

Kishore

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

6 years ago

Well, I'm not familiar with NordVPN and whatever steps those would be, so I really don't know how to advise you.  Did you set up IP Passthrough to the Linksys from the BGW 210?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

No Jeffer.How to setup IP Passthrough? Please suggest. I am also not able to open my 2nd Router IP even when connected to 2nd WIFI access point.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

6 years ago

Can you draw a diagram of how 2nd WIFI access point is connected into the network vis-a-vis the Gateway and your Linksys?

You set up IP Passthrough on the Firewall > IP Passthrough tab.  Mine looks like this (but other ways will work):

image.png

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Sure thank you.. will send that info 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

20180829_143343.jpg

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I am not able to ping my second router IP when connected to WIFI access point of 1st router or 2nd router. I enabled to pass through as said. Rebooted ATT Router. 

Please let me know if any info I can provide with

2018-08-29 (1)_LI.jpg

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

6 years ago

You do realize that 176.1.1.1 is a publicly assignable address, and by using it behind your gateway you may impact your ability to reach hosts on the Internet, right?  172.16.0.0/12 and 192.168.0.0/16 are reserved for private networks and I'd recommend you use a subnet from one of them instead (other than 192.168.1.0/24 since that's used by your BGW's LAN network). 

I would not expect you to be able to get to your Linksys from the BGW, neither its Wi-Fi or an Ethernet port, because the BGW isn't configured to know how to route to that subnet.  It's possible for something on the Linksys to reach nodes on the BGW's LAN network, however, and you should be able to PING the Linksys itself from its Wi-Fi and Ethernet LAN ports, assuming it's in Router mode (not access point mode).

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Sorry My Bad.. I am not using 176.1.1.1 instead using 176.16.1.1 as my 2nd router IP.. Please find screenshots below. Please suggest me next steps or anyother info i can provide with

2.jpg1.jpg

2 Attachments

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

6 years ago

I don't see anything wrong so far.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.