Darknessrise's profile

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

Thursday, August 23rd, 2012 4:19 PM

Attenuator

How do you find one of these and what do they look like? I MUST have one on our line as our VRAD is on our lawn and our line goes directly towards the location of the VRAD. My stats are good but seem a little low for my listed distance on UV RT(Atleast I think lol). If I guesstimate our real distance is about 3 seconds of slow walking from the VRAD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

12 years ago

What's the other then on the concrete?

What one is the SLC cabinet? The white or tan?

Also remember, I'm just assuming that's what it looks like from how it looks from Bing and using a random Google image that seems to fit somewhat lol.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

Darknessrise - keep in mind I am guessing, too. I think the two cabinets in second picture are both SLC. I am remembering LC stands for LIne Concentrator, but, I cannot come up with the S.

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

12 years ago

@Darknessrise wrote:

So is it a VRAD then O_O or is the one on our lawn the VRAD?

I am using Bing to look overhead at the boxes on our lawn(They're fenced off and has maniac trees blocking it) and it seems from above from a couple years ago there's a big white box in the back and a medium sized one in the front(Tan) if that helps :P.

I can't see but I assume it's like this photo from Google but I could be wrong.

This is a VRAD group (DSLAM, Power Ped (behind the bigger box), and crossbox (on the left)

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

12 years ago

@Darknessrise wrote:

The 2 newer boxes they installed back in around 2007. Back in 2007 they dug it all up and put it on a block.

I figured the one on the pole looked similar to the size of : (But I didn't see if it had a meter, the front of it faces to the woods)

This is a "SEM" - basically a pole-mounted VRAD. Somewhere nearby is the Crossbox (aka cross-connect box, X-Box). SEM is "Sealed Expansionl Module" ... I think it's an Alcatel 7357 ... something like that.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

12 years ago

@ScottMac wrote:

@Darknessrise wrote:

I am using Bing to look overhead at the boxes on our lawn(They're fenced off and has maniac trees blocking it) and it seems from above from a couple years ago there's a big white box in the back and a medium sized one in the front(Tan) if that helps :P.

This is a VRAD group (DSLAM, Power Ped (behind the bigger box), and crossbox (on the left)

We have a much bigger, older-style crossbox near my home.

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

12 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

@ScottMac wrote:

@Darknessrise wrote:

We have a much bigger, older-style crossbox near my home.

There are differnt sizes to cover different densities of service areas. I believe the really big ones tend to be SAI (Serving Area Interface) or RT (Remote Terminals). RTs are usually have power feeds, SAIs are pretty much just pair distribution.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

11 years ago

Yet AGAIN I looked and actually saw something different that I believed. This(First picture) is behind(Second picture). The third picture is what used to be there back in 2005 or so. Used Google images :). Why does AT&T have to make these boxes have so many different types lol

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

@Darknessrise wrote:

Yet AGAIN I looked and actually saw something different that I believed. This(First picture) is behind(Second picture). The third picture is what used to be there back in 2005 or so. Used Google images :). Why does AT&T have to make these boxes have so many different types lol

Well, the top picture is likely to be a Remote Terminal (RT). IT's got active electronics in it.

The middle box iappears to be a Cross-connect box ("crossbox"," Xbox")

I've never seen anything like the bottom box (unless you're talking about the putty-colored box between the brown things, then there is not enough visible to make a good guess)

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

@ScottMac wrote:

Well, the top picture is likely to be a Remote Terminal (RT). IT's got active electronics in it.

The middle box iappears to be a Cross-connect box ("crossbox"," Xbox")

I've never seen anything like the bottom box (unless you're talking about the putty-colored box between the brown things, then there is not enough visible to make a good guess)

I see those last two things all the time around here (Greenville, SC area).  I think they're some form of Cross Connect.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

11 years ago

Those last two boxes were taken out a couple years ago. They were pretty old and probably for POTS or something.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.