For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Jb2015's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, August 15th, 2015 4:41 PM

Arris VIP2500

My Arris VIP2500 wireless receiver box has power, but all 3 LED's are lit up (Link, HD and REC). The signal strength bar starts yellowish-orange then fades to green from left to right. I've tried to restart the receiver with no luck. I've also restarted my WAP and no luck with connectivity. I'm using a HDMI cord and have tried changing the input on the tv with no luck. The TV still displays no signal. I have another wireless receiver that is working fine. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jason

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I have a similar problem with my ATT provided VIP2500.  The signal bars start out lit at 3 bars or so and then in due time I get a message that the signal was lost.  Perhaps the signal to my VIP2500 from the main ATT router is weak/spotty.  I have installed a wifi range extender to syrengthen the signal where the VIP2500 but I can't figure out how to get the prompt that is in the user maual for selecting the optimal access point.  Nothing appears on screen.  Below the ATT VIO User Manual instructions that aren't appearing:

5.When the VIP2500 starts up, it will look for a signal from an Access Point. A prompt will appear on your TV screen asking if you wish to connect.

6. On the front panel of the VIP2500, press OK.

7. Press and hold the WPS button on the front of the Access Point for two seconds, then release to activate the WPS process. The Access Point’s WPS LED will blink orange.

8. An icon appears on the screen, indicating that the connection is in process. When the connection has been established, the screen will display Success.

9. On the front panel of the VIP2500, two or more bars of the Signal Strength Indicator should light green. You have now established a secure wireless connection between the Access Point and the Wireless TV Receiver.

Again, none of the above happens.  I have also tried a facgtory reset.  This yields a "gear" icon on TV screen that takes 5 or so minutes to load. This is followed by a "double gear icon" on tv screen that loads more quickly.   However, at this point, the TV and wireless receiveer start back up without providing me the access point channel selection as outlined in the above.

What to do.  I just want to instruct this VIP2500 to connect with my range extender, not the main router.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I have had exactly the same problem. ATT sent a new receiver and witHin
days the same."no signal" error returned to this new receiver. I have given
up on using this receiver and plan to just tell ATT to cancel it.

The headaches caused my this faulty equipment aren't worth the crappy
servIce anyway.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.