sunnyandyw's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, May 26th, 2017 9:57 PM

Arris NVG599 drops all ethernet clients daily

My NVG599 has both wifi and ethernet (hard-wired) clients connected. Recently, the hard wired clients are getting dropped and the only way I've been able to get them reconnected is to restart the NVG599. All clients and the router were working fine for the last 8 months since I got it installed so this just suddenly started happening. My hardwired clients are a Red Hat linux box (static ip), a Windows 10 box (DHCP), and our DirecTV DVR (DHCP). Nothing changed in them so something must have either broken or changed in the router. The router shows them in the device list as "off". Any configurations for me to check on the router? Thanks,

Andy

ACE - Guru

• 

986 Messages

7 years ago

When this happens are the individual Ethernet indicator lights on the 599 on or off?

What about the Ethernet light on the front of the 599?

Does wifi work when this happens?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

The ethernet light on the front is on and steady green

The 4 ports in the back all are connected to devices. Port 1 is static IP, ports 2,3,4 are dynamic. Port 1 and 4 have orange colored lights. Ports 2 and 3 are green. All lights are constantly flickering, although port 1 sometimes goes blank for a second or two and then flickers. Port 1 is the Red Hat machine, Port 4 is Windows 10. Port 2 and 3 are DirecTV tuner and a solar generation monitoring system that uploads data every 5 minutes to our solar installer web site.

Wifi is unaffected.

Thanks,

-Andy

ACE - Guru

• 

986 Messages

7 years ago

I would factory reset the 599 and if that does not work request a replacement to be shipped to you for a self install.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.