Helpful Links

Any way to View Incoming Caller ID Other Than STB or Phone?

Mentor

Any way to View Incoming Caller ID Other Than STB or Phone?

I know I can see the caller ID on a STB-connected TV or a capable phone. Is there any way I can see who is calling from a network connection to the RG other than phone or STB? I know I can see the call log on the RG after the fact but I'd like to see it as the call is coming in since I'm often not near a TV or wired phone.

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert

Re: Any way to View Incoming Caller ID Other Than STB or Phone?

Stringrazor - Many phone have voice caller ID. I have one & think it is great.
Here are a couple more -
http://www.telnote.com/
http://www.phonetray.com/

Never forget - Google is your best friend (source).
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
Highlighted
Mentor

Thanks, but let me be more specific: Is they any way I can see the ID w/o buying h/w?  From a browser or computer app?

Message 3 of 8
ACE - Expert

Stringrazor - I believe - no.

All the free apps are based on leaving a message. If you can allow it to go to voicemail, then you can see it on your computer & other devices via app or browser. Maybe you can petition att for enhancing to trigger on ring.

There was a free version of phonetray (did not see it today) But you need a phone modem. If you have one or can get one dirt cheap, you can find out if there is a free version available.

If you have video input on your computer (or can get it dirt cheap etc,) connect it to the STB output.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8
Mentor

OK, thanks. That's what I thought. I know I can see the ID after the call has ended but that doesn't help.

Message 5 of 8
Tutor

Aviewer- OMG, I hate my speaking caller ID so much. I wish I could turn it off but Panasonic doesn't appear to allow you to do so.
Message 6 of 8
ACE - Expert

Kordova - Well, I had to turn it on, so I must be able to turn it off. I will look up the code & post it. If you post your phone model I will look up the manual.
Message 7 of 8
ACE - Expert

Kordova - I looked up the voice setting - the code is 162.
Press the menu button
handset - #162
base -#*162
If you do it on the handset it does just that handset. If you do the base it does the whole system.
Tags (1)
Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support