For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
wptski's profile

Scholar

• 

158 Messages

Saturday, November 26th, 2011 1:22 PM

Android Wi-Fi tablet won't connect

Got a new Dell Streak 7 Android 2.2 Wi-Fi tablet.  Using the default security settings, it won't connect unless I disable the security.  I tried each all of the different protocols also, same results.

Android 3.2, the latest for tabs is supposed to have improved Wi-Fi.  I got the OTA notification for that and downloaded/installed it but get the same exact results.  Android 3.2 does include DCHP and Proxy options, something I know nothing about.

I'll be going to a relative's home tomorrow who has a Wi-Fi system setup using whatever hardware and Comcast.  We'll see how/if it works there.

BTW: The upgrade to Android 3.2 was scary since some have ended up with a useless paperweight afterwords or non-working buttons! 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

158 Messages

12 years ago

Got it! How dumb?  The tab asked for the password, so entered the RG's password but what it really means is the Wireless Network Key.  It connected right up then.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

12 years ago

Glad you figured it out.

To make your connection even more secure, change the default password on the RGs sticker to something you can remember easily, but still secure.

Scholar

• 

158 Messages

12 years ago

Yes, they should use the same terms as not to confuse the ignorant like me!  Do you mean Password or the Wireless Network Key?  Not sure what can/can't be changed.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

12 years ago

I'd do both.  But if you think remembering them would be a hassle, then leave as is and can get them off the sticker.

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_1   (Security)

netwkey.jpg

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_0_1  (Login/Password)

password.jpg

Scholar

• 

158 Messages

12 years ago

This might be off topic but when the Iverson guide is accessed from my Android tablet the channel goes up to #108 but shows nothing higher. Need a app for that, I guess.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

go in to your wireless setup change your security to  WPA-PSK(TKIP)  delete wi fi from your device search for your SSID find it and reenter your network key it connect beautifully devices like tablets game consles all all connect  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.